- 12-month secondment opportunity
- Location: Sydney, NSW
- Application close date: 27th September 2017
ORIGIN - AUSTRALIA'S LEADING INTEGRATED ENERGY COMPANY
An integral part of Australia's energy future, we explore, produce, generate and sell energy to power millions of Australian homes and businesses every day, keeping them going and growing.
Origin offers exciting and rewarding career opportunities - from project management and leadership, to technical and engineering. Working for Origin can take you all over Australia - in the field, as well as in the office - or around the world. With global energy demand growing, Origin is looking for new ways to meet that need and create tomorrow's energy solutions. It's an exciting time to be a part of Origin.
Reporting to the Workplace Services Manager, the Workplace Services Site Coordinator is responsible for ensuring exceptional facility service delivery to Origin's internal and external business.
This role is responsible for leading and direct people management of up to 6 Workplace Services Assistants across the nominated portfolio of buildings, ensuring services including reception, catering, security, relocation, administration and building services are managed to industry leading standards. It is fundamental that this position maintains a highly visible presence and quality relationships with stakeholders, strategic partners and service providers. This position will be actively involved in day to day operations as well as project requirements.
This is an integral role in response to activities relating to emergency or critical infrastructure failure to the nominated site and will be required to assume Workplace Services Manager responsibilities during periods of absence.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the team to ensure services are delivered to the business at a high standard and the Workplace and Travel Group are represented positively across the business
- Able to support sites in emergency response activity, including within and outside of business hours
- Providing key business services to the company and its clients, specifically the portfolio assigned. Occasionally may be required to assist with interstate services
- Contributing to (but not limited to) BAU relocations, block and stack projects, site fit outs, refurbishments and divestiture
- Management of standard and nonstandard servicing requests, this includes anticipating, planning and prioritizing competing demands and escalating to ensure a timely and cost effective result is achieved
- Liaising with stakeholders and vendors to develop scope and programming of tasks in an efficient manner
- Monitoring Contractor activities and ensure relevant communications are distributed to the business and key risks are considered and addressed
- Management of vendor services and performance
- Undertaking audits of assurance activities, i.e. regular site inspections and making sure these are reported with the team intranet as appropriate
Is This You?
We want someone to join the team who is service focused, has effective leadership experience and strong process capability. We are looking for someone with soft services, experiences within a large corporate environment.
Other required skills/experience includes:
- 5+ years experience in facilities/soft services or similar role
- 3-5 years people management or supervisory experience
- Strong HSE awareness and proactive HSE disposition
- Contribute to the strategic direction of Workplace and Property teams
- Experience dealing with key stakeholders and senior managers
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Flexible and approachable
- The ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and lead by example
- Applies knowledge; consistently delivers quality work
- Ability to work in a high pressure time constraint environment
- Tertiary qualification in property/ facilities is desired
MAKE AN IMPACT ON AUSTRALIA'S ENERGY FUTURE
If dynamic and challenging career opportunities and workplace flexibility are important to you, go with the employer that thinks differently.
For more information, please contact Cham Jayaweera on 03 9652 5126.
Job Requisition: 54922