nbn seeks to create an inclusive and diverse workplace that is reflective of the wider communities in which it operates and balancing opportunity for all. We are building a culture where different perspectives, thinking and skills are valued, and people are supported to achieve their potential. In particular, nbn is committed to increasing participation and leadership positions held by women and Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples in our organisation.
Your role in the future:
As the Technology Architect, you will be a key part of the IT Strategy team. You will play a key strategic leadership role in helping nbn™ realise its strategic intents and identify opportunities for technology and business innovation through technical direction across various digital and technology web-scale initiatives. A key aspect of this role is to leverage partnerships with delivery, business and technology partners to define the standards and tools to be adopted across the organization in support of the overarching web-scale technology roadmap and strategies.
You will be joining nbn™ IT at a transformative point in our journey where you will be part of team accountable for delivery significant change across nbn™ IT and our internal and external stakeholders, using innovative, high-impact, web-scale architectures and IT strategies at a time of phenomenal growth.
You can contribute to:
- Strategic leadership and technical direction across various digital and technology web-scale initiatives.
- Partner with delivery, business and technology partners to define the standards and tools to be adopted across the organization in support of the overarching web-scale technology roadmap and strategy.
- Conceptualizing, developing and delivering strategic and technical consulting engagements.
- Developing strong client relations at senior executive and CxO levels, developing new business insights, and delivering practical, implementable solutions.
- Be hands on to drive and participate in lab trails to prove or disprove emerging technologies.
- Overall technical strategy for implementing open-source based web-scale technologies including planning and architecture design.
- Collaborating and partnering with open source communities to identify and deliver innovative technologies designed to disrupt the telecom industry.
- Evaluating and selecting RFPs and RFIs related to transformation of nbn IT.
A bit about us:
nbn™ is the team behind the design, build and operation of the nbn™ network. Working for nbn™, you'll be part of one of the largest technology infrastructure projects Australia has seen, providing you with loads of opportunities, great flexibility, and a collaborate culture. You'll work with inspirational leaders and innovators in their field, help take on engaging and exciting work, and seek imaginative solutions to new questions every day.
We are dedicated to providing all Australians with access to the benefits of fast broadband. But the nbn™ network is so much more than access to fast internet. A state of the art communications network helps to ensure our digital future, and give Australians the opportunity to be more productive, more creative, more efficient, and more connected - benefits we can all enjoy for decades to come, no matter where we live.
A bit about you:
Your resume may demonstrate:
- Extensive experience in an architecture or strategic technology focused role.
- Experience in leading and participating in digital transformation at enterprise level (analytics, machine learning / AI, open source, Cloud, Mobile, API, etc.)
- End to end transformation of road map design for complex client architectures, development and operations processes.
- An in-depth knowledge and experience of coding (Java, Python etc.)
- Comfortable presenting to C-level executives, and senior business and technology leaders, is persuasive and influential.
- Excellent client facing skills both while executing transformation and leading a transformation team.
- Strong, experienced transformational leadership skills and demonstrated capabilities of being a thought leader.
- That you're an industry recognised expert, active and influential within industry communities.
How to apply:
If you think this role might be for you, we want to hear from you. Please apply, including your resume and a brief covering letter, sharing relevant achievements for this position.
nbn™ is committed to the wellbeing of its employees and contractors and to enabling work to be performed in a productive manner that does not jeopardise one's own safety or the safety of others. Employment with nbn™ is subject to pre-employment and on-going drug and alcohol testing as well as background checks, which may include service and pay history from your previous employment.