Report to the Head of MIM Australia and work directly with senior stakeholders, be responsible for driving key MIM strategy initiatives and determining how MIM Australia should be responding to key trends in the investment management industry.
This role will see you;
- driving/initiating new growth opportunities with a focus on long term and emerging trends in the asset management industry
- focusing on business strategy for the MIM Australia business, with a particular emphasis on exploring and prioritising numerous ideas by;
- Coordinating/driving/initiating vehicle development
- Exploring the Managed Accounts channel/vehicle;
- Working with the business to determine priorities in the Listed Channel;
- Exploring partnership opportunities with other Macquarie operating groups
- Working with the business to determine MIM priorities in the SMSF channel;
- Positioning MIM Australia to consider the growth of Retirement Income solutions;
- Exploration and execution of specific projects within MIM Australia and MIM Asia regions (and potentially Global, depending on the scope).
We ask that you have 8+ years’ experience in a strategy role and ideally previous experience in funds management. You will have strong analytical capacity, which includes excellent numerical skills and the ability to research and synthesize information to reach a deep level of understanding in a range of unfamiliar contexts. You also have the curiosity and confidence to think differently.
This role involves extensive liaison across the MIM and Macquarie businesses, at all levels. Therefore, you must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong stakeholder management experience including the ability to work collegiately across disciplines. The role will also require you to be engaging with the external market, hence experience with the investment management industry and prior contacts are desirable, but not necessary.
You will have experience managing multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously, be able to work in a self-directed manner and have a high level of strategic thought and problem solving experience. You will also have:
- A demonstrated ability of working with multiple stakeholders;
- A strong work ethic and demonstrated commitment to producing high quality outputs;
- Ability to build strong professional relationships;
- Ability to work well under pressure at key times;
- Strong organisation and time management skills;
- Strong numerical ability
If you have relevant experience and looking for an opportunity to work with a market leading business apply now by following the link. For a confidential conversation please call Marion Harris on +612 8237 7833.
Macquarie Asset Management (MAM; formerly known as Macquarie Funds Group) is a full-service asset manager, offering a diverse range of products including securities investment management, infrastructure and real asset management, and fund and equity-based structured products.
MAM comprises the following three divisions:
• Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets
• Macquarie Investment Management
• Macquarie Specialised Investment Solutions.
Find out more about Macquarie at www.macquarie.com/about
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.