Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Mongolia, Africa and Chile. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge… optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we’re not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
We currently have a new opportunity for a Strategy Manager to join the Strategy & Growth business unit. This role is based at Thiess corporate office in Brisbane and reports to the Group Manager – Strategy & Planning, with the primary focus of leading, coordinating and driving strategy and operational planning activities across Thiess.
- Drive strategic initiatives that inform and support execution of Thiess business activities
- Identify, assess, gain support and facilitate implementation of growth opportunities
- Manage and coordinate the Strategy and Operational planning process across Thiess
- Coordinate Thiess' annual business objectives, measures and target setting process
- Maintain Thiess' annual Group Strategy/Operational Planning program that is aligned with CIMIC’s requirements
- Facilitate cascading of strategy communication across the business
- Coordinate the annual update of Thiess' Business Strategy Framework
- Support the annual preparation of long term financial, capital and resource forecasts
- Lead development of Country Entry strategies and assist with associated Country Growth plans
- Coordinate delivery of Executive Leadership Team Off-site workshops
- Lead planning of senior leadership forums
- Engage with and support senior leadership teams with facilitation of ad hoc workshops
- Undertake program management of allocated strategic initiatives - including coordination of SMEs as required
To be considered for this role, you will have relevant tertiary qualifications in engineering or finance (with post graduate qualification preferred), as well as:
- Mining industry exposure
- Broad industry experience including exposure covering all areas of project and business development
- Similar role within a commercial and/or management consulting environment
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with senior leadership teams to drive and influence key business activities.
- 15+ years experience in strategy formulation, strategic planning and initiative prioritisation and management.
- Experience in Business Development and Work Winning activities
Experience in contract development and negotiation