About the Role
AGL is committed to prospering in a carbon-constrained future and to building customer advocacy. Our Organisational Transformation and Strategy team is responsible for leading the transformation that will allow us to meet these goals. Within this team, the Scenario Planning and Strategy group leads projects to investigate, analyse and recommend responses to critical issues identified by our Executive Team. We also lead AGL’s Scenario Planning process, which provides our business with a common language to imagine and respond to potential future worlds.
Due to growth at AGL, an exciting opportunity exists for a Strategy Analyst to join our team. This analyst will work across multiple areas within the Scenario Planning and Strategy team. You will support some of AGL’s highest-priority projects collecting and synthesising data, engaging with a range of business stakeholders, and effectively communicating commercial advice.
The Strategy Analyst will support the Scenario Planning and Strategy team to better understand our business, customers and core operating markets.
- Support strategic projects through conducting analysis, developing insights, and preparing and presenting communication materials.
- Present to key stakeholders to influence decision making.
- Establish and lead an efficient, dynamic process to capture market insights, which enables the team to make fast, fact-based decisions.
- Support and refine AGL’s scenario-based outlook on long-term strategy.
- Coordinate within the team and across the business to leverage relevant knowledge and skills to drive analysis and insights.
- Build positive relationships with stakeholders through constructive engagement and providing insightful analysis.
- Commercial experience that demonstrates outstanding skills in strategic problem solving, stakeholder engagement and developing high-quality presentation materials.
- Excellent data interrogation skills and financial and economic modelling capabilities (primarily using Microsoft Excel) - including a demonstrated ability to make sound trade-offs between time and analytical depth.
- Excellent communication skills. You can clearly communicate complex ideas both verbally and in writing, without getting bogged down in detail.
- An ability to build relationships and influence stakeholders at all levels of the organisation.
- A demonstrated ability to learn rapidly and apply new concepts.
- A genuine interest in working to transform Australia’s energy sector
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities, supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working.
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. This is an opportunity to be exposed to more exciting opportunities to advance your skills and career.
Working in a company the size of ours, the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe, and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link. For a confidential discussion, please call Esther Baek on 03 9206 8952.