We are seeking a highly motivated Analysis and Improvement Specialist to join our team. This is a great opportunity for exposure across multiple commodities – This is a unique functional role with massive opportunity to enable significant positive change for the business.
Reporting to the Lead A&I, you will be a skilled communicator with advanced interpersonal skills and experience in working with, and across, diverse teams and complex portfolios of work.
In this role you will:
- Design and deliver advanced analytical solutions that produce tangible value (revenue benefits and/or cost efficiency) and uplift organisational capability regarding the use of data across Planning & Technical
- Creating innovative value-driven data science solutions using an agile framework for the delivery of complex analytical components (data, models, algorithms advice etc.) that contribute to a portfolio of projects across Planning & Technical
- Apply analytics and operational research techniques to solve challenging business problems for sustainable improvement for Planning & Technical productivity (capacity, supply, people)
- Facilitate the successful development of analytics applications for exploratory purposes and apply forward thinking for the definition and prioritisation of Planning & Technical analysis projects
- Provide lateral leadership in project management and change management process methodologies
- Contribute to an improvement culture through stakeholder engagement and coaching, site visits, and participating in Planning & Technical quarterly forums
- Leverage appropriate project management tools to support delivery, alignment, and prioritisation of analysis and improvement acceleration initiatives
- Qualification in a Quantitative Subject Area (Statistics, Actuarial, Data Science, Mathematics, Computer Science)
- Exposure to profit/loss decision making and conversations, either in a direct or supporting role
- A track record of participating in or owning substantive improvement initiatives, particularly self-identified
- A strong background in Project management and Change management
- Compelling presentation techniques
- Ability to draft influential business case justifications
- Ability to influence teams and senior leaders
With a high level of competence in solving difficult problems using data science techniques, you will be a high-performing professional with excellent time management skills and the ability to multiple deadlines. You will be positive and outgoing and key to your success will be superior interpersonal and planning skills.
We value diversity in experience and your career history will testify to your ability to foster collaboration as well as demonstrate sound judgement and the ability to manage multiple levels of complexity and ambiguity are essential for success in this role.
You will be based in Perth, Western Australia, in the multi award winning office tower - ‘City Square’. You will have stunning river views from your modern open plan office, state of the art facilities including virtual whiteboards and video conferencing facilities, 550 bicycle racks with ample lockers, showers and change room amenities and a large outdoor terrace with barbecues.
At BHP we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. As part of our commitment to inclusion and diversity, we offer a range of family friendly work practices, including flexible employment arrangements, and a substantial parental leave policy, which now includes retirement savings / superannuation contributions during parental leave. Find out more about our benefits in each location on our People & Careers Page at our website
Reference Number – 55205
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.