Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organisations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organisations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.
Come join Zendesk’s growing Data Engineering team! Our Machine Learning team is building out a globally distributed data platform based on open source tools. The team you’ll be joining is responsible for Zendesk’s data products and infrastructure, including data collection, storage, batch & real-time processing, machine learning, and visualisation.
We work in Ruby, but we also work in Python and whatever other technologies might be needed to get the job done. As a member of the machine learning team, you’ll be working on the coolest problems at Zendesk with a passionate and intelligent group of engineers, product strategists and researchers. We are curious people and we work hard to keep up to date with the latest trends in the industry. You’ll get to own, create, and love a real and interesting thing without red-tape and bureaucracy.
What you get to do every day:
- Pull, transform, aggregate and gain insight into data from across Zendesk.
- Build the systems that allow us to do machine learning at scale.
- Scale data processing pipelines to billions of messages a day.
- Integrate predictive technologies into the core Zendesk platform.
- Set the future tone of Data at Zendesk.
- Be a coding polyglot, able to switch between several languages and platforms.
What you bring to the role:
- Experience working with large-scale production systems.
- Fluency in one or more of the following languages: Ruby/Python/Scala/Clojure.
- Problem solver with a mindfulness of ease of use and simplicity.
- Someone who is curious, proactive, and self-motivated.
You can work as well independently as with a team. You don’t take yourself too seriously but you do take pride in your work. You love learning and applying yourself to hard problems and data pipelines really float your boat. In short, software craft is your thing, but more important than that, you are fun and energetic to work with.
In return for your skills and experience, you'll receive a highly competitive salary package, including stock. In addition, you'll work in a central CBD location in bright, modern offices and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with some of the brightest and best in the industry. What's not to like?
Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regards to race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.