- Partner with Small to Medium business owners to help provide the best solutions for their energy needs
- Location: Sydney, Metro & Newcastle, NSW
- Application close date: 15th September 2017
ORIGIN - AUSTRALIA'S LEADING INTEGRATED ENERGY COMPANY
An integral part of Australia's energy future, we explore, produce, generate and sell energy to power millions of Australian homes and businesses every day, keeping them going and growing.
Origin is the largest energy retailer in Australia, and with 4.3 million customers we're constantly evolving and changing to better suit their needs. Our activities include power generation, energy trading, the sale of LPG, electricity, natural gas and solar as well as the development of new and emerging technologies. Consider your possibilities with Australia's leading integrated energy company.
At Origin, we believe in partnering with our customers to ensure they have the energy products and services that best suit their needs, at the best possible price.
As part of a creative, agile and high performing team, this role will enable you to partner with Small to Medium business owners to help provide the best solutions for their energy needs. Business leads will be supplied in a range of geographical areas with opportunities to source additional leads through the development of your areas. Most of your day will be spent in the field meeting with customers face to face in their businesses. Here you will sell Origin Energy products by connecting, building trust and developing long term relationships.
You will promote core products including natural gas, electricity and green energy as well as generate leads for the SME Multisite, Solar, LPG and Commercial & Industrial teams. From the initial sale, your partnerships will continue to grow as you become your customers' preferred local energy business partner. Through this relationship building you will glean valuable market insights which you will record using the latest software. These insights will help us to continue to innovate and develop our strategy, products and service offerings within the SME business market sector.
The role includes a base salary and a generous commission structure for sales performance. You will be provided with a work vehicle, business iPad and mobile phone.
Your contribution in the role will be measured by:
- Your active participation and contribution to the success of the team
- The number of sales you generate (new customers and retention of existing)
- Your Customer Satisfaction Ratings
- The quantity and quality of your lead generation for other departments
Is This You?
- Prior sales experience in customer facing roles (please note experience in the Energy Industry is not essential - if you love to sell, we want to hear from you!)
- A positive, and collaborative approach to building long term customer relationships
- An innovation mindset, constantly seeking ways to improve the business and its processes
- A genuine enthusiasm for finding the best solutions for customers
- Excellent time management and organisational skills in a flexible and autonomous working environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A self-motivated and enthusiastic attitude of reaching and exceeding targets in a collaborative and supportive sales environment
This is a chance to join one of Origin's most exciting and fastest growing business units, as we are committed to continuing to help all Australian business owners get the best value from their energy retailer. This role is an opportunity for Origin to directly connect with our customers and keep them up to date with the latest energy options and products on the market.
We welcome suitably skilled and experienced sales people from outside the energy industry - If you love to sell, please apply!
We embrace the diversity of our people and flexible working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we serve.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
MAKE AN IMPACT ON AUSTRALIA'S ENERGY FUTURE
If dynamic and challenging career opportunities and workplace flexibility are important to you, go with the employer that thinks differently.
For more information, please contact Cham Jayaweera on 03 9652 5126.
Job Requisition: 53526