Systems Administrator in a challenging technology environment, improving systems support and operations, maintaining and upgrading technologies and being a role model for others in the team.
- Sydney CBD location
- 12 month fixed term employment contract
This role will be part of our Infrastructure Services group and will act as a technical expert in the support, service delivery and proactive maintenance of key operating systems, platform systems, and virtualisation systems in the support of business critical applications.
In this role you will primarily be responsible for supporting on the Bank's Systems, being Microsoft Windows and Red Hat Enterprise Linux Servers, including Microsoft Active Directory and related technologies.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Provide technical consultancy to achieve effective implementation of server hardware and system software including virtualised infrastructures.
- Ensure the provisioning, upgrading, capacity planning, and performance testing of server operating system environments including virtualisation infrastructure.
- Contribute towards maximising the availability of systems and to minimise the impact of component failures.
- Maintain a service approach towards systems infrastructure.
- Participate in a 2nd line incident response capability for infrastructure system operational issues. Establish strong processes in line with industry standards.
- As directed, liaise with project and technical teams to facilitate the delivery of infrastructure solutions.
- Keep abreast of industry developments and best practice in areas of responsibility.
- Ensure compliance to corporate change control, security procedures and methodologies.
- Ensures all system documentation complies with all relevant IT Standards.
To be successful in the role you will have advanced knowledge of server operating systems; Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Microsoft Server along with understanding of Microsoft Active Directory. You will also have solid experience in the support of server operating systems, and Active Directory along with strong understanding of virtualisation technologies such as VMware.
You will bring exceptional written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience in writing standards and procedures, technical design documentation and other support documentation.
You must have Degree qualifications in IT or relevant discipline plus IT accreditations (such as Microsoft, Active Directory, VMware) maintained to current levels; or working towards within 6-12 months.
The Reserve Bank of Australia is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and encourage applications from experienced candidates seeking workplace flexibility.
The Reserve Bank of Australia pursues national economic policy objectives and undertakes a range of associated activities in financial markets and banking. It also issues Australia's banknotes and operates infrastructure critical to the payments system. Those who are involved in the activities of the Bank have an important role to play in achieving these objectives, whether directly or in a supporting role.
Our core values are promotion of the public interest, integrity, excellence, intelligent inquiry and respect.
An application including an up to date resume would be welcomed.