- Take the lead in some exciting Adelaide based projects
- Inspire and make a difference
- AECOM offers flexible working arrangements (part time, work from home)
AECOM has an exciting opportunity for a Principal/Senior Structural Engineer with demonstrated experience to gain exposure and lead some of Adelaide's largest and most exciting structural projects. In this role you will work closely with clients and other professional and technical staff on complex projects of varying scale that deliver high standard outcomes for AECOM clients.
Key responsibilities include but are not restricted to the following;
- As Structural Engineer, effectively control commercial, managerial and technical aspects of the project or the part of the project you are responsible for.
- Assist the Directors with building a positive team culture.
- Ensure effective communication of business issues across disciplines.
- Understand and implement the Company's strategy relating to customers (repeat business).
- Awareness of marketing opportunities and the capability of the business as a whole.
- Tertiary qualification in engineering (preferably structural).
- Approximately 10 years' experience in related engineering background
- High degree of technical competence in the field
- Knowledge and competency in building structural specification and design.
- Strong operational experience.
- Demonstrated skills in managing projects (or components of) and budgets to meet time and resource requirements.
- A good understanding of construction methods, procedures and the design constraints they present
- Successful track record and substantial experience in managing and leading projects.
- Competence in Microsoft office packages.
- Client focused (both internal and external clients).
- The ability to be an attentive and active listener who command attention and can manage group process during presentations
- Demonstrated commercial acumen and the ability to develop a strong client base
Benefits at AECOM
The Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) recognises AECOM as taking a sophisticated, holistic approach to supporting women and men's equal participation throughout our workplace.
We provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing.
- Flexible work arrangement that include flexible start and finish times, working from home, part time and job share options
- State of the art, modern and contemporary offices
- Paid parental and partner Leave
- Purchased additional annual leave options
- Corporate employee discounts from up to 400 retailers
- Wellbeing benefits e.g. vaccinations, health insurance discounts
- Employee stock purchase plans
- Professional memberships
- Study assistance
- Professional and technical development opportunities