About the Role
The role of ERP – Senior Management Accounting SME on our ERP transformation team will be critical to supporting the future vision for our Finance function; developing the systems, processes, and tools to deliver on that vision, and working with key stakeholders to deliver the changes.
Key to success will be the ability to engage across the business, including Finance, to gather insights to what we do, how we do it, and where we can improve processes and systems; getting buy in and creating an appetite for change; and developing an incremental change process to ensure a smooth transition while working within the ERP implementation project to develop the data structures, reporting capabilities and analysis tools to take the Finance capabilities to the next level
*** 12 month max term contract ***
- Work across the established and experienced Finance team to articulate the future business requirements and configuration designs to facilitate planning, reporting and analysis.
- Validate those needs and wants with key customers within the Finance team.
- Act as the Management Accounting Subject Matter Expert (SME) on the ERP transformation project to ensure data requirements are met as part of project delivery.
- Identify, design, and transform the business processes and configuration that support the integrity of AGL Profit & Loss reporting.
- Ensure our new processes and systems will generate the relevant data needed to deliver the reporting requirements of key stakeholders.
- Ensure that our SAP structures (i.e. Cost Centres, Profit Centres, etc.) are consistent across different business structures, and incorporates “best practice”.
- Document relevant processes, data design decisions, and configuration.
- Working with other project SME’s, work streams and the technical team, translate business processes into data structures, master data requirements, and controls.
- Experienced Senior Management Accounting with experience coaching and guiding team members
- Qualified Accountant (CA/CPA)
- Experienced SAP user and exposure to SAP implementations
- Stakeholder management and influencing skills – able to juggle a diverse stakeholder base with various competing and conflicting priorities. Successfully influence behaviour change to adopt new processes and standards. “Minimise employee resistance and maximise employee engagement”
- Commercial – able to understand commercial decision drivers and how to generate data and insights to shape decision making, and present it in an easily digestible manner.
- Self-starter – proactive and able to manage priorities with minimal supervision or direction
- Team player – works as part of a team to deliver on shared objectives, recognises competing priorities, shares experience and knowledge to help develop others. Comfortable working in a matrix team structure.
- Technically savvy – can work with systems team to translate business processes and data requirements into masterdata and configuration requirements.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities. Being supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working.
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. Being exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career.
Working in a company the size of ours the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
30% employee discount on usage and service charges for AGL gas and electricity.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe, and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link. For a confidential discussion, please call Esther Baek on 03 9206 8952.