Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
We are currently seeking a Senior HR Advisor for our Peak Downs and Caval Ridge Projects, where you will have the opportunity to have significant influence on the ongoing performance of this site. This key role reports to the Project Manager and will be responsible for collaboratively delivering high quality solutions and results.
Thiess' Peak Downs and Caval Ridge Projects are located approximately 6km south-east of Moranbah in the Bowen Basin.
Some of your duties will include;
- Advise and provide comprehensive operational assistance through the completion of a variety of HR related duties and tasks
- Utilise an established process, provide input into the development of tender proposals on people related issues
- Develop relationships with various client HR stakeholders to facilitate problem solving and resolve disputes
- Provide expert advice and policy interpretation to line managers on the full range of human resource policies and procedures
- Coordinate training, coaching and support to managers to ensure they are informed of their obligations when managing ER and IR issues
- Maintain good employee relations through the effective resolution of industrial issues and grievances, and provision of advice to Project Managers, ensuring compliance with all legislative requirements
- Contribute to the continuous review, improvement and implementation of HR procedures, forms and processes
What skills and experience do you need?
- 5+ years in a specialist ER/IR role providing operational support to internal clients
- 2+ years in supervisory or managerial roles leading a HR function
- Experience in the Mining Industry
- Degree in Human Resources, Organisational Psychology or related areas
- Experience in grievance handling and leading complex HR investigations
- Ability to work within a team and be flexible with a “can do” attitude
Monday - Friday, site-based position. Your time will be split across both Caval Ridge and Peak Downs.
How to Apply
If achieving success through people and bottom line results, and progressing your career is your passion, then consider joining a company that's as excited about the important things as you are. Thiess strongly supports a culture of recognition, leadership development and offers a stimulating and satisfying work environment, so there is no better time to join Thiess.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the below link.
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce that represents the communities in which we operate.