Zendesk is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst who wants to make an impact on the trajectory of the Asia Pacific (APAC) region. This role will be the regional contact working closely with finance & strategy team in HQ, San Francisco in bridging local operational intelligence and stress testing budget assumptions.
The candidate will be responsible for partnering with APAC management, managing operating costs, providing financial visibility and analytical support, driving investment recommendations, and developing actionable management reports at the regional level.
The ideal candidate should have strong financial modelling/analytical skills, and excellent attention to detail while being able to prioritize effectively in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Become a trusted performance advisor with the ability to build strong relationships with key partners across the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to gather/integrate multiples sources of data and at a macro and micro level.
- Strong understanding of accounting and the ability to draw upon knowledge in order to produce accurate forecasts: Monthly, quarterly and annual planning, including headcount planning, spend and T&E.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly management reports, including budget/forecast variances analysis, financial analysis, distilling/synthesizing key trends, assessing current and future business risk and communicating key messages. This involves deep dives into general ledger entries.
- Working closely with Controller’s group and business owners to ensure accuracy and completeness during period-end close (expenses, accruals, etc)
- Track spend against the financial plan and drive forecast accuracy, reporting, and analysis. Provide transparency to APAC management and Directors on month/quarter to date spend.
- Analyze financial data and provide timely and accurate financial recommendations to management with specific focus on trends, risks and opportunities.
- Work with cross-functional partners to provide ad hoc business support through complex financial modelling.
- Streamline reporting and planning processes through automation, consolidation and quality improvements. Leverage systems to build process and tools to support analysis.
- 5+ years financial planning experience a plus.
- General Accounting / Finance experience (specifically with accruals).
- Asia Pacific regional experience desired.
- Strong financial modelling and reporting skills using Excel.
- Experience with financial systems a plus (i.e Hyperion, Netsuite etc).
- Strong analytical aptitude and problem-solving skills with financial modelling, data mining, accounting and finance experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to synthesize and communicate information across teams.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in business, finance, engineering, mathematics or a related field.
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.
Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.