- Join an agile and fast-paced team
- Utilise your experience in leading technical teams
- Be part of moving the NAB Connect platform to a new direction
At NAB life is about more than money.
Over time we’ve learned a thing or two about helping our customers. And while money is important it’s not what matters most. It’s the connection we share and the relationships we build. And that’s why we do things a little differently. Today, we have more than 35,000 people serving 10 million customers at more than 800 locations in Australia, New Zealand and around the world.
This is a time of the year when we are on a hunt for the greatest digital talent to help us build the future of our digital presence. We seek technically minded individuals who have exceptional programming skills, problem-solving abilities and strong work ethic to work on industry leading projects using the latest tech.
This is your chance to produce a meaningful experience for users all across the country.
If you're ready for the next step, the opportunity starts right here. Our NABConnect team is seeking a passionate, results focused individual to take accountability for the software development and continuous improvements on our platform.
Reporting to the Software Engineer, you will be responsible for assisting the team for our NAB Connect platform. This will entail the end to end delivery of epics; including the estimation, development, QA and implementation through to production. You will have the ability to step up and lead others utilising automation and industry standards to improve velocity, as we look to deliver a market leading customer experience, on our NAB Connect platform.
- Define the patterns, practices and tooling, as well as contributing towards the application roadmap, for our NAB Connect platform
- Provide technical mentoring and guidance to developers
- Identify defects, evaluate their complexity and implement fixes
- Working closely with solution architecture, to define interfaces and flows
- Design and estimation of epic and story level functionality
- Deliver end-to-end epics, breaking these down into stories, to allow for multiple feature teams to deliver functionality in parallel and increase velocity
- Maintain our Continuous Delivery culture and tooling alongside our Development Operations team
- Strong existing experience in Java, Angular JS and Micro Services based architecture
- Proven experience leading agile software development teams with strong unit testing coverage and TDD
- Skills and knowledge of one of the Oracle major relational database packages such as Oracle
- Ability to understand the essential needs of users and meet these in well-designed programs
- Excellent communication, time and resource management skills
Experience with Gradle and DevOps is highly regarded.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status.
To be eligible to apply, you must be an Australian / New Zealand citizen or hold permanent residency status in Australia. Please only apply if you meet the above skills and experiences. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the advert.
We embrace diversity of thought, style and working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we serve.