- Work at the cutting edge of disruptive commercial solar technology
- Lead a sizeable, dedicated team delivering AGL’s expanding commercial solar projects
- Combine your passion for renewables and people
Are you an engaging leader with a passion for a sustainable future? Outstanding opportunity to lead Australia’s most innovative commercial solar team, pushing the envelope of your commercial PV projects. If you have the experience and passion, we have the opportunity. So, you with us?
About the role
The Commercial Solar team at AGL is responsible for establishing and sustaining a market leading position across solar energy and energy storage services for the business sector in Australia. This role is to plan, direct and implement the successful delivery of all commercial solar and storage projects to create profitability for the business and great customer experiences.
A key aspect of this role is to develop structures and processes to ensure safety and quality is maintained on projects and to provide oversight and guidance to project managers and engineers to ensure AGL’s safety, quality and customer experience standards are achieved. The role will ensure that the Commercial Solar Delivery team has the resources required to achieve success. The role will ensure AGL’s HSE policies and standards are embedded in all phases of the project lifecycle and that AGL’s expectations are clearly and consistently communicated to internal team members and to external contractors and consultants.
The Senior Delivery Manager will also be responsible for the management of installed commercial solar assets, including post-installation support, system maintenance and resolution of warranty claims. The role will coordinate and manage support functions such as Health & Safety, Supply Chain, Procurement, and other internal business stakeholders to ensure operational efficiency. The role will drive revenue and profitability in the business by setting project pricing for sales and ensuring effective budget management of projects. The role will also be responsible for planning and implementing the delivery of new products developed by the New Energy team.
- Achieve annual installation targets by leading, resourcing and supporting a team of design engineers and project managers.
- Achieve a high safety standard across delivery operations through rigorous governance and contractor management.
- Contribute to the AGL customer experience by setting and maintaining standards for customer management, communication and complaint resolution.
- Drive business profitability through active project cost control and payment collection.
- Drive growth in the commercial solar business through effective planning, resource management, and implementation of systems and processes.
- Support sales efforts by engaging with customers to promote AGL’s reputation for quality, expertise, safety and governance.
- Create and sustain a safety and quality culture amongst the Commercial Solar team and third-party contractors.
An accomplished project manager and people leader, you will be comfortable managing contracts and vendors, leading the allocation and delivery of your teams projects from assisting sales through to post commissioning. You will also possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (ideally Solar Energy, PC, Electrical or similar) or related discipline.
- Recognized project management qualification.
- Ideally hold current or past CEC accreditation or undertaken CEC training
- Strong track record in program delivery roles or operations management roles
- Demonstrated experience in revenue and cost management roles
- Extensive experience in the energy industry, ideally in commercial solar
- Be highly skilled and experienced in engineering design and quality control
- Strong commercial acumen with demonstrated ability to identify and deliver on new market opportunities and products
- Strong internal and external stakeholder capability, including demonstrated customer focus, management of third party contractors and negotiating skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver a strong HSE culture
- Have strong MS Office skills and ideally have had exposure to SAP, Simpro, AutoCAD, PV Syst and NearMaps
What’s in it for you
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative employees in the business and collaborate with cutting edge disruptive technology teams.
You will be exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career, working in a company the size of ours the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of the AGL Gas and Renewables business, as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link. For a confidential discussion, please call Jane Gaylor on 03 8633 6733 or email@example.com .