About the Role
Reporting to the Head of Commercial Partnership Development, this role has primary responsibility for the identification, establishment, and execution of the commercial partnership strategy in New Energy.
This role will work closely with the New Energy Product, Technology and Investment teams, designing and implementing optimal commercial structures and agreements to support the strategic goals of New Energy.
The role includes assessing information to identify Strategic, Operational, Commercial/Financial and Compliance risks and opportunities and will support business & channel development across a range of New Energy products.
This role is responsible for creating shared value through strategic partnerships and collaborating to bring 3rd party innovation into the New Energy ecosystem at AGL.
This role is a senior leadership role requiring deep listening and influencing skills and is an important role in helping to develop and foster a high-performance culture.
This role is the conduit for AGL-wide growth activities are requires thought leadership and the ability to “join the dots” across multiple streams of activities from generation, wholesale, and customer markets.
Key areas of focus include; planning, stakeholder engagement, sourcing and negotiations, within AGL’s Procurement governance framework.
- Leadership and delivery of relevant New Energy strategic initiatives and projects, enabling growth and ensuring key success metrics are established and achieved
- Leading and designing commercial structures & competitive strategies to enable the growth through strategic partnership development and external innovation
- Create new business opportunities through strategic partnerships that develop and protect core IP/ of New Energy/AGL Energy
- Structure and establish win/win partnerships exploring core, adjacent and new business model opportunities
- Establish & Respond to RFPs (Government/Commercial) for projects and opportunities with customers and partners
- Foster collaborative and mutually supportive relationships with senior stakeholders across business units and enterprise functions within AGL
- Tertiary qualification – Business, Legal, Science or Engineering related field (Masters or MBA preferable)
- Extensive professional experience in commercial, policy, legal role in a major corporate or government organization is mandatory
- Demonstrated thought leadership in an area of interest where you have excelled and can be considered an expert in your chosen field
- Understanding of the Australian Energy Market
- Understanding of international markets; partnerships, advancements in new technology, consumer trends or business models
- Commercial, Intellectual Property and Software as a Service knowledge and understanding
- Genuine all-rounder experience
- Able to develop and implement strategy through robust commercial frameworks
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to lead change in a complex environment
- Demonstrates awareness of key industry developments
What’s in it for you?
- You’ll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities. Being supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working.
- You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. Being exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career.
- Working in a company the size of ours the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on developing you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link.
For a confidential discussion, please call Esther Baek on 03 9206 8952.