- 9 month employment contract: salary + benefits
- Join a professional technical team
- Opportunity to work on complex projects
The key focus of the role is to provide specialised business analysis skills for the implementation of technology solutions to meet the department’s business requirements and to ensure that these are aligned with the Bank's enterprise architecture and standards.
You will undertake Project Management initiative as required, to support the timely and efficient delivery of IT Policy and Market Systems projects. As the Senior Business Analyst, you will be responsible for the analysis of the business functions, processes, requirements, problems, and seek effective business solutions through improvement of new and changed processes.
Key objectives include:
- Prepare associated documentation such as project briefs, project plans, process maps, requirements documentation and regular status reports when required.
- Work closely with the technical team to identify alternative solutions, assess feasibility, and recommend new approaches.
- Conduct business processes and data modelling for current and desired scenarios, select appropriate modelling techniques and correct level of detail for meeting assigned objective.
- Assist in defining acceptance test and usability evaluations; ensure that tests reflect realistic operational business conditions.
- Document test results, highlight issues and risks identified to the business stakeholders.
To achieve success this role requires highly experienced Senior Business Analyst with technical knowledge of programming, database concepts and system design. Knowledge of business process and data analysis is essential along with strong understanding of software development lifecycle. You will have excellent written and verbal communications skills and experience in maintaining effective working relationships with business stakeholders at various levels. Degree qualifications in the Bank or IT industry are essential.
Experience in business requirements gathering for Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence applications would be highly advantageous.
The Reserve Bank of Australia is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and encourage applications from experienced candidates seeking workplace flexibility.
The Reserve Bank of Australia pursues national economic policy objectives and undertakes a range of associated activities in financial markets and banking. It also issues Australia's banknotes and operates infrastructure critical to the payments system. Staff at the Bank, have an important role to play in achieving these objectives, whether directly or in a supporting role. Our core values are promotion of the public interest, integrity, excellence, intelligent inquiry and respect.
Your application should include a current resume detailing your experience and qualifications. A supporting statement would also be welcomed.
Applications close 10 September 2017