MinterEllison is one of the Asia Pacific's leading law firms. Established in Sydney in 1827, our firm today operates in Australia, Hong Kong, mainland China, Mongolia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom through a network of integrated offices and associated offices.
Our Intellectual Property Team
MinterEllison's national team is at the forefront of intellectual property law globally. The large and diverse team has built its enduring reputation through its work for some of the world's leading and most reputable domestic and international companies.. MinterEllison's Intellectual Property team has the knowledge and high-level expertise to engage in all aspects of intellectual property work, from securing protection, through commercialisation, to enforcement in litigation.
In this role you will work primarily with John Fairbairn whose practice is focused on the media, technology and life sciences sectors. Amongst other things, John assists clients in both contentious and non-contentious matters, including in relation to copyright infringement (particularly online), site blocking, collective licensing scheme disputes, media regulation, privacy as well as strategies for protecting IP assets and minimising the risk of disputes and licensing.
An excellent opportunity currently exists for a Senior Associate with experience in intellectual property law to join our Sydney team. While we have a particular need for someone with copyright experience, the role will expose you to the breadth of work undertaking by the group, which includes contentious patent work, all aspects of trade mark law, breach of confidence, and actions relating to allegations of misleading and deceptive conduct.
What you need
We welcome applications from bright and ambitious Senior Associates with:
- specialist experience in intellectual property, and in particular copyright, familiarity with the media sector, preferably gained at a highly regarded law firm such as another top tier firm, a strong mid-tier firm, an international firm or a specialist boutique firm
- IP litigation experience
- experience with IP advisory and transaction work;
- experience in other IP areas such as data protection (privacy), media regulation and pharmaceutical regulation would be a bonus but not essential
- strong technical and drafting skills
- a client focussed approach and the ability to form enduring relationships with clients and industry experts
- the ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and to mentor junior lawyers on the team
- resilience and a commitment to excellence that matches our own.
A great opportunity currently exists for an experienced patent litigator, with at least 5 years experience. As a member of our IP team you will have the opportunity to work on a broad range of IP disputes. You will work as a member of a highly collaborative team, have routine access to partners and be expected to 'make a difference' to our clients each day.
What you need
- preferably have a degree or experience in engineering or science, in particular chemistry
- a strong client focus and demonstrated ability to form enduring relationships with peers, clients and industry experts
- ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- a commercial approach, strong technical skills and high-level communication skills
- resilience and a commitment to excellence that matches our own
- pride in your work and who you work for.
How to apply
We prefer to deal with you directly, so please submit your application for consideration by clicking on the 'Apply' button below. If you would like further information, please contact Lee Robinson, Recruitment Consultant on 02 9921 4794 for a confidential discussion.
Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.