- Fantastic opportunity to play a key part in setting the strategic direction for Energy Markets
- Permanent Opportunity based in Sydney, NSW; Melbourne, VIC or Brisbane, QLD
- Application close date: 26th September 2017
ORIGIN - AUSTRALIA'S LEADING INTEGRATED ENERGY COMPANY
An integral part of Australia's energy future, we explore, produce, generate and sell energy to power millions of Australian homes and businesses every day, keeping them going and growing.
Origin is the largest energy retailer in Australia, and with 4.3 million customers we're constantly evolving and changing to better suit their needs. Our activities include power generation, energy trading, the sale of LPG, electricity, natural gas and solar as well as the development of new and emerging technologies. Consider your possibilities with Australia's leading integrated energy company.
Origin offers exciting and rewarding career opportunities - from project management and leadership, to technical and engineering. Working for Origin can take you all over Australia - in the field, as well as in the office - or around the world. With global energy demand growing, Origin is looking for new ways to meet that need and create tomorrow's energy solutions. It's an exciting time to be a part of Origin.
This is a unique opportunity for a Senior Analyst / Manager to join Origin's Energy Markets (EM) Commercial & Valuations team based in Sydney, Melbourne, or Brisbane. The role will be adjusted to either Senior Analyst or Manager Level depending on your experience and leadership capability.
Forming part of our broader Strategy & Commercial division, the EM Commercial & Valuations team is responsible for:
- Consolidating the results of Energy Markets to enable reporting to the external market and key stakeholders in the business
- Developing and articulating the long term financial performance of the business
- Assessing strategic investments, in particular around technology and new emerging business models
- Supporting the non-commodity related businesses in providing commercial support and guidance on business performance
This position will contribute across the breadth of these responsibilities, excluding non-commodity related activities. Reporting to the Senior Manager, EM Commercial & Valuations, your accountabilities will include contributing to:
- The development of budgets, forecasts and strategic plans for Energy Markets
- Reporting on the underlying performance through to corporate and the Board on a monthly basis and externally at the half year and full year
- The development of EM strategy, delivering strategy to the Board, communicating strategy to EM teams and to Investors on a periodic basis
- Valuation activities and any transactions to ensure linkage to the strategy and long term value creation, assessment of the attractiveness of new markets, post investment reviews and providing strategic direction for future investments
To succeed in this role, you will possess a strong commercial acumen and an ability to understand, critically evaluate and communicate key business value drivers. You will combine this with exemplary presentation and communication skills and a highly numerate and analytical inclination.
You will also demonstrate:
- 5-10 years' experience in commercial and/or strategy roles
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting, commerce, economics, or similar
- Spreadsheet and financial database interrogation
- Basic financial modeling and valuation skills
- Process management for budget, forecast, or valuations
We embrace the diversity of our people and flexible working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we serve.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
MAKE AN IMPACT ON AUSTRALIA'S ENERGY FUTURE
If dynamic and challenging career opportunities and workplace flexibility are important to you, go with the employer that thinks differently.
For more information, please contact Dean Stephens on 07 3028 5522.
Job Requisition: 53026