As a leading international law firm, Minter Ellison offers a full range of legal services to an impressive list of clients across Australia, in Asia and globally. We work on interesting, challenging and innovative legal issues and clients trust us with their largest and most complex transactions.
Legal secretaries and administrators are valued and respected at Minter Ellison – you provide vital support to our legal staff and contribute to our success as a leading professional services firm. We are a friendly and supportive team that takes pride in our work, our individual and collective achievements, our clients' success, and our firm's reputation in the marketplace.
A fantastic opportunity exists for an experienced full time Legal Secretary to provide secretarial and administrative support to 3 Partners and their team of lawyers in our busy Projects Infrastructure & Construction group.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Drafting correspondence, document preparation (including the use of precedents) and amendments
- Arranging meetings
- Diary management and organisation of authors
- Answering calls and monitoring emails
- High volume file management including opening and closing files, electronic and physical filing and scanning
- Assisting in maintaining client databases
- Conducting billing, including end of month billing and reporting
- Digital dictation
- Reconciliation of corporate AMEX expenses
- General administrative tasks such as filing and photocopying
- Other ad hoc duties as required
What you need
To be successful in this role, strong organisational skills are essential as well as a high level of initiative, energy and enthusiasm and the ability to follow through. Ideally, you will also have experience working in a fast paced, ever changing environment. In addition to this, you will possess the following attributes:
- Previous experience within the legal industry or professional services environment
- Self-motivated and an ability to work autonomously with minimal direction
- Ability to work under pressure and manage conflicting priorities
- A strong client focus and demonstrated ability to form enduring relationships with team members, clients (both internal and external) and industry experts
- A solid understanding of billing and financial systems and other software applications
- Advanced Word document skills, including document creation and presentation
- Exceptional organisational skills and ability to multi-task, prioritise and delegate
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- A proactive approach and demonstrated initiative
- Flexibility to adapt to different tasks
- Resilience and a commitment to excellence that matches our own
- Pride in your work and a sense of humour
What we offer
MinterEllison people are caring, high-achieving and supportive of each other both at work and outside of it. You'll enjoy being able to call on a network of business support resources for assistance, and have the flexibility you need to engage effectively with your work, your colleagues and any further study you may be undertaking. We also offer a wide range of accessible in-house learning programs including Word, Excel and Powerpoint; along with our document management system (FileSite) and extensive training in our financial package and other soft skill courses around communication and time management.
How to apply
We prefer to deal with you directly. Please submit your CV for consideration by clicking on the 'Apply' button below. If you would like further information, please contact Alyce Bennett at Alyce.Bennett@minterellison.com for a highly confidential discussion.
Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.