As a leading international law firm, MinterEllison offers a full range of legal services to an impressive list of clients across Australia, in Asia and globally. We work on interesting, challenging and innovative legal issues and clients trust us with their largest and most complex transactions.
Our Tax team
As one of the largest tax teams of any Australian law firm, we assist clients on the full spectrum of tax laws, including income tax, international tax, capital gains tax, stamp duty, GST and other federal and state taxes. Within the wider Tax team, we have a specialist Tax Controversy team. This team is widely considered to be Australia's premier tax controversy practice.
An excellent opportunity exists within our Melbourne team for an experienced legal secretary. This is a full-time fixed-term contract role until April 2018. As the successful candidate you will provide invaluable coordination and support services to a number of fee earners at all levels.
As a key addition to this team, some of your responsibilities will include:
- manage files (both electronic and hard copy)
- diary management and organisation of authors
- monitor emails and telephone calls
- assist in maintaining client databases
- draft correspondence, document preparation and amendments
- reconcile corporate AMEX expenses
- monthly billing in accordance with client requirements
- document management ie. editing of documents, mark ups etc.
What you need
This role presents a great opportunity for someone from a mid or top tier firm, seeking a short-term contract. The successful candidate will be keen to learn and bring enthusiasm to our team.
In addition you will need:
- minimum of 1 year experience as a legal secretary
- excellent prioritisation and organisational skills
- a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- the ability to communicate clearly and confidently at all levels
- intermediate MS Word skills, including document creation and presentation
- an understanding of MS Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint and other software
- an adaptable and flexible nature
- a proactive approach and a high degree of initiative
What we offer
MinterEllison people are caring, high-achieving and supportive of each other both at work and outside of it. You'll enjoy being able to call on a network of business support resources for assistance, and have the flexibility you need to engage effectively with your work, your colleagues and any further study you may be undertaking. We also offer a wide range of accessible in-house learning programs including Word, Excel and Powerpoint and other soft skill courses around communication and time management.
Legal secretaries and administrators are valued and respected at MinterEllison – you provide vital support to our legal staff and contribute to our success as a leading professional services firm. We are a friendly and supportive team that takes pride in our work, our individual and collective achievements, our clients' success, and our firm's reputation in the marketplace.
How to apply
We prefer to deal with you directly. Please submit your CV for consideration by clicking on the 'Apply' button below. If you would like further information, please contact Marianne Galvez on +61 3 8608 2716 for a highly confidential discussion.
Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.