Safety Assurance Engineer – Laing O’Rourke - Sydney
About Laing O'Rourke
Laing O'Rourke is an A$7 billion engineering enterprise dedicated to challenging and changing the face of construction worldwide. We design, manufacture, construct, operate and maintain the built environment - providing infrastructure to sustain communities.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Safety Assurance Engineer to join our Sydney business. Based on various projects across Sydney, the key focus of your role will be to manage the safety assurance of projects and the provision of safety assurance advice for both Laing O'Rourke and client.
Your key accountabilities will include but not limited to the following:
- Resolving complex issues pertaining to safety and risk across multiple projects.
- Undertake Safety Assurance (SA) analysis for the project design, including Hazard Identification (HAZID), safety controls, and actions and produce/review the related safety documentation.
- Set up and coordinate internal teams for the development & implementation of specific sourcing strategies
- Act as Chairman in Design Safety Reviews
- Develop Safety Assurance Statements & Safety Assurance Reports.
- Develop/update and ensure project Systems Assurance Plan implementation
- Review key project processes, documentation and assurance evidence to ensure quality and content is aligned with verification and validation strategy across project lifecycle thereby meeting client expectations.
- Support and advise the Technical Director in technical duties.
- Support internal and external audits involving SA matters
To be considered for these roles, you will possess the following characteristics and skills:
- Degree qualified in Engineering, Risk Management or equivalent.
- Comprehensive knowledge of risk based safety assurance gained at senior level or as a consultant to, major projects associated with complex, high reliability operating environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of legislation, standards and guidance, processes and practices related to safety management for major rail infrastructure projects.
- Comprehensive knowledge of verification and validation techniques and application of international safety standards such as IEC61508, EN50126 and "Yellow Book"
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
At Laing O'Rourke we work hard to create an environment that brings out the very best in our people. We believe in building careers amid a safe, connected and innovative culture – not just creating jobs.
We want to equip all our people with the skills they need to be part of a dynamic Engineering Enterprise.
We have our own specialised learning and development programs, providing access to industry-leading learning tools to help every employee acquire the core competencies and skills needed to excel in this fast-changing environment.
We have committed to a number of policies and programs to improve our gender composition, including our industry-leading paid parental leave policy, where the primary carer is entitled to 26 weeks of paid leave, 18 of which are at full pay and eight weeks at half pay.
Laing O'Rourke is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.