MinterEllison is one of the Asia Pacific's leading law firms. Established in Sydney in 1827, our firm today operates in Australia, Hong Kong, mainland China, Mongolia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom through a network of integrated offices and associated offices.
We are building a culture where we collaborate, innovate and inspire each other and our clients. We understand that working for a partnership in a top tier law firm is busy and often challenging. It involves managing multiple stakeholders and working collaboratively across offices, countries and time zones.
We take pride in being our clients' best partner, and enjoy working within teams of professionals who share their knowledge, respect our values and support each other to achieve our collective goals.
Our Resourcing team
This is a vital and integral HR role with a leading professional services firm.
The purpose of the role is two-fold:
- Ensure we secure the very best talent in the recruitment market;
- Enable fantastic experiences for our current employees through internal mobility career opportunities.
This will be done through ongoing monitoring, influencing and action planning in partnership with HR Business Partners and the Firm's Senior Business Leaders.
It is a key aspect of the role that the Resourcing Solutions Consultant builds deep relationships and understanding of their business population that they support in order to deliver the desired outcomes in the context of the firm's overall strategy. This will mean executing the People strategy for their particular business and having tailored external and internal resourcing plans.
The role will be challenging, interesting and in an environment where you will be learning every day whilst building your skills and experience for a long term career in HR and Resourcing.
Your responsibilities include:
- Deliver a market leading efficient agile resourcing and recruitment offering within the legal industry by thinking and acting commercially
- Enabler of broad diverse career experiences for our lawyer employees via increased internal mobility
- Development and nurture of external talent pipeline / bench for critical growth areas eg: using traditional referral methods, social media attraction and LinkedIn recruiter
- Interviewing in person as part of the local office coverage
- Assuming role of Resourcing brand ambassador for your Line of Business area and in your local office
- Understanding the financial drivers/metrics, utilisation, workflow and employee career goals across your portfolio
- Create and lead new initiatives and change projects as we endeavour to lead the legal resourcing market
- Work collegiately across the team with other Resourcing Solution Consultant/Advisers
What you need
- Extensive experience in resourcing/recruitment position whether in-house or agency, HR and in-house experience highly regarded
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Experience in dealing with multiple and senior stakeholders in a professional services and/or complex corporate environment
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills combined with good level of numeracy and ability to analyse and understand financial metrics / data
- A proven ability to use influence and persuasion to achieve desired outcomes
- A demonstrated ability to work in ambiguity and fast-paced changing environment
- Helps others to thrive
- Brings perspective and a constructive approach to high pressure situations and creates solutions
- Creates an immediate, positive and credible impression on others
- Resilient and persistent in pursuing business goals whilst maintaining quality relationships
- Commitment to excellence combined with continuous learning and personal growth
- Seeks and acts on feedback from stakeholders, peers and team members to continually improve themselves
- Innovative and commercial solutions mindset
What we offer
MinterEllison will support your continued development through a wide range of accessible and structured learning and development programs, mentoring from skilled and intelligent leaders, and by surrounding you with teams of great people who are happy to share their knowledge and learn from you as well.
You will also have access to a wide range of top tier employment benefits, which are designed to help you complement your lifestyle outside of work and support your professional needs. These include first class premises, facilities and support, state of the art technology, competitive salary packages, gym membership, corporate discounts, an extensive health and wellbeing program and much more!
How to apply
We prefer to deal with you directly, so please submit your CV and cover letter for consideration by clicking on the 'Apply' button below. If you would like further information, please contact Lee Robinson on +61 2 9921 4794 for a highly confidential discussion.
Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time. To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.