At Essential Energy, we operate 95 percent of the electricity distribution network in regional NSW, supplying electricity to more than 800,000 homes and businesses. We are a customer focused organisation passionate about safety and delivering satisfactory outcomes to our shareholders.
With employees based in depots and offices across three regions, Essential Energy is one of the largest employers in regional NSW and prides itself on recruiting exceptional people who are motivated and passionate about their chosen career.
An opportunity has arisen for a Regulation Management, Network Economics & Policy Development Manager. You will provide strategic direction and leadership to ensure Essential Energy is best placed in a fast-changing environment to deliver the most economical long-term asset related investment decisions. The role will be responsible for the provision of long-term investment strategies which will be developed by combining outputs of network economic modelling with future asset investment needs to ensure the most appropriate solutions are adopted. This position will play a key role in ensuring Essential Energy remains relevant to all stakeholders in a changing environment by engaging with relevant external parties to both influence future direction and to communicate the impacts of current decisions.
The successful applicant will require the following;
- Demonstrated experience in asset and regulation management with significant weighting of experience in the electricity distribution industry including strategic management of network assets, network economics, commercial and regulatory aspects, policy development
- Strong leadership experience with demonstrated experience in leading effective asset management teams including direction setting and effective change management
- Demonstrated experience in developing strategic plans with a strong understanding of commercial considerations and risk management principles including value based decision making, consequence, likelihood and residual risk
- Working knowledge of asset management practices and standards including ISO55001
- Excellent knowledge of legislative and regulatory requirements eg WHS, IPART, AER, Electricity Act, etc
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing policies, process improvement initiatives, including automation of complex processes and reporting.
- Advanced data analysis, researching, network economics and model development skills to create, indices to collate senior management reports for direction setting and strategic industry and commercial insights
- Strong understanding of customer and electricity network behaviour and modelling
- Professional interpersonal and influencing skills with a proven ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders to build collaborative working relationships across all levels of the business, industry partners, and with regulatory bodies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to prepare executive and external documentation, strategic plans, reports, briefings, and socialise recommendations for business implementation
- Excellent skills in computer operations and business system software to gather and prepare reports
- Bachelor’s degree of Engineering (Electrical), Business Management, Finance or Economics or demonstrated capability through past employment experience and/or relevant qualifications
For more information on the role, please review the attached Position Description and contact Adam Causley on 02 6588 6154
Applications for this role will close at 11:55pm (AEDT) on Sunday, 18 October 2017.