ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Interdepartmental Midwives Model (MIM) offers a unique opportunity for midwives to experience working in a combination of departments. Bring your current skills, grow and contribute to our values based organisation.
• Located at Mercy Hospital for Women
• EFT hours are negotiable, a number of permanent and fixed term rotational positions available
• Enjoy the variety of rotating through different departments, generally spending 2 months in each
• Opportunity to work across some of the following areas; Birthing Services, Emergency Department, Antenatal and Postnatal Ward, Special Care Nursery
• We will discuss with you your preferences and the rotations available
• You will be required to have a strong family centred care focus and be committed to ongoing professional development, clinical excellence and continuous quality improvement
Mercy Hospital for Women is a fully accredited Level 3 Public Teaching Hospital in obstetrics & gynaecology, neonatology, anaesthetics and gynaecological oncology. We are a specialist referral centre with the medical, nursing, midwifery and allied health expertise to treat the most complex obstetric, neonatal and gynaecological cases.
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation employing over 7500 people who provide compassionate and holistic care through our acute hospitals, aged care facilities, mental health programs, palliative and respite services, maternity and women’s health services, early parenting services and home care services.Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
• You are motivated, enthusiastic and keen to take a positive step in your career by joining Mercy Health
• Current Midwifery Registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
• Current Registration as a Registered Nurse is also required to rotate to some areas, and is desirable some other areas
• At least one year’s post graduate experience as a Midwife
• The ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively with other members of the health care team
• A commitment to ongoing professional development, clinical excellence and continuous quality improvement
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Clinical support and access to ongoing education opportunities, including simulation –based learning
• Access to Critical Care in Obstetrics Course
• Leadership Capability Framework to support your career progression and development
• Values driven culture
• Salary packaging benefits
• Camp Australia School Holiday Program
• Thrive @ Mercy – our health & wellbeing hub supporting you to be the best you can be
• Stepping Stones – our flexibility framework supporting your growth and work life balance
• Fully funded childcare referral service
To find out more about these exciting initiatives, please visit Mercy Health Careers homepage (http://careers.mercy.com.au/)
At Mercy Health we pride ourselves on embracing diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and celebrated. We encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Enquiries to: Carolyn Russell, Midwifery Unit Manager (03) 8458 4856. Alternatively contact Jonelle Mais, Recruitment Advisor Mercy Health 0429 984 863 or email@example.com Enquiries welcome.
Quote Ref No: MHW 115a
Applications Close: Saturday, 23 September 2017
|Job Type:||Flexible Working Arrangements|
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Sorry, this job is no longer available
Mercy Health provides care services to people at every stage of their life. Join a workplace of passionate people who put care as its number one priority; for both clients & staff.
|Live Jobs: 42 - View all Jobs|
|Sector Specialisms: Healthcare & Medical|