Thiess is the world's largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Our life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimising the mining value chain for each client.
And we're not done. We continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so our clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. Our people are central to our success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Our culture is built on our Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
Due to significant growth plans, we are currently seeking an experienced Recruitment Advisor for a 12 month fixed-term contract to provide high quality "hands on" recruitment to support our Global Support People & Capability team based in South Bank, Brisbane.
Reporting to the Group HR Manager you will have full accountability for the end-to-end recruitment activities for staff positions that support our Global Support head office.
The end-to end accountabilities of this position will include the following key areas of delivery:
- Drafting of job advertisements and compilation of interview guides
- Sourcing and shortlisting of candidates for submission to Hiring Managers for their review
- Significant stakeholder engagement and management
- Proactive approach to sourcing including Linked-In talent pooling, active searches and creating a network of candidates across relevant disciplines
- Phone-screens, interviews and reference checking
- Effectively managing the candidate records in PageUp (PUP), including administering & interpreting PUP psychometric testing
- Creating a positive candidate experience throughout the engagement process
- Ad hoc recruitment administration such as maintenance of Organisational Charts, coordination of staff relocation
- Working within the Company’s Policies and Guidelines
Your background and experience
- Significant experience in recruiting for head office staff in a similar industry
- High-level communication skills and the ability to engage and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with recruitment software PageUp is highly desirable
- High level analytical, interpretive and problem solving skills
- Ability to provide strategy and advice that facilitates effective recruitment practices
- Solid understanding of market trends impacting recruitment and the industry
This is a truly consultative position where your experience and ability to advise your stakeholders will be held in high regard. If you enjoy your work day to be varied, fast paced, diverse and surrounded by supportive colleagues, then this is a great opportunity for you to consider.