About Holcim ANZ
Holcim has been servicing the infrastructure, construction and mining industries for more than 110 years and employs over 3,000 staff across 300 sites.
The aggregates business operates over 70 quarry sites producing hard rock, sand and gravel materials essential for the construction industry.
Why join Holcim?
Holcim is proud to be an industry leader in safety as well as environmental sustainability. Further to this we are also committed to being a good member of the communities we live and work in.
What Holcim can offer
- Full personal use tool of trade vehicle
- 12.5% Superannuation
- Opportunity for career progression
- An inclusive and safety focused culture
- A strong and respected brand in the community
About the role
The Petrie Quarry is one of Holcim's largest quarries producing roughly 1 million tons p.a. of aggregate and road base products for the Brisbane and Sunshine Coast markets. It is situated just inland from the Bruce Highway at Petrie North of Brisbane.
Reporting to the Queensland Operations Manager as the Quarry Manager you will have overall responsibility for all aspects of the operation from drill, blast and haulage activities through crushing and screening to stockpiling, dispatch and maintenance.
You will lead a multidisciplinary team with the aim of providing efficient and effective production in a safety focused environment.
The position will also work closely with other operations in the business to develop strategies and deliver operational goals for the region.
- Have a strong culture of safety leadership and a working knowledge of Safety Management Systems, relevant legislation and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within a multi-disciplined environment to deliver productivity and cost improvements
- Have strong customer focus and be able to work well with sales and technical teams to deliver key business objectives
- Proven experience in a similar role within a Quarrying/Mining environment managing quarrying, crushing and screening or processing activities is essential.
- Certificate IV in Extractive Industries or relevant tertiary qualifications will be well regarded
For more information visit our Careers site: http://www.holcim.com.au/careers.html