About the Role
The Quantitative Modelling Analyst has the unique opportunity to be a core contributor in the New Energy Analytics & Planning Team, supporting the New Energy Leadership Team in developing and implementing strategic priorities that deliver meaningful financial contribution, while driving AGL New Energy's strategic growth objectives with high-value actionable customer and market insights.
This position plays a key role in creating and integrating advanced system models and simulations as well as algorithms for identifying, quantifying and characterising values pools unlocked by New Energy products and services.
New Energy is at the forefront of AGL's strategic direction and is responsible to identify, develop and/or invest in, and deliver new and disruptive technologies through scalable and profitable solutions. This will be achieved through innovative product and services, negotiating, executing and integrating quality commercial agreements and strategic partnerships ensuring AGL establishes a market leading position and competitive advantage that creates value in a fast changing environment.
- Support the delivery of New Energy strategic priorities through the development of robust and flexible modelling and analysis capabilities quantifying the optimal financial and functional performance and outcomes of distributes energy systems.
- Working in a team environment to build a comprehensive understanding of distributed energy resources and their interaction with energy markets.
- Develop energy system analysis methodologies and modelling capability (including development of maintainable scripts and code).
- Support product development with detailed modelling and analysis of performance and financial outcomes for distributed energy resources.
- Integration of modelling and simulation capability with pre and post processing steps. Automating Quantitative workflows.
- Developing advanced, validated and reusable algorithms and statistical models.
- Drive robust, maintainable, and well documented models and software development.
- Significant and demonstrate experience in mathematical or dynamic system modelling, optimisation and statistical analyses.
- Experience in applied modelling of artificial or designed systems.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics)
- A solid background in object-oriented software development methodologies.
- Experience with two or more scripting or scientific languages, including Python, Java, C++, MATLAB, or R
- Strong skills in SQL
- Excellent communication skills. You will be able to clearly communicate the key messages without getting bogged down in detail, both verbal and written
- Ability to prioritise effectively across multiple work-streams.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities, supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working.
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. This is an opportunity to be exposed to more exciting opportunities to advance your skills and career.
Working in a company the size of ours, the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe, and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link. For a confidential discussion, please call Esther Baek on 03 9206 8952.