Quality Assurance Engineer
- Be involved in our largest logistics business as well as specialist defence projects
- Permanent position – Opportunity to make a difference
- Located in Orchard Hills, free onsite parking
- Travel to Rydalmere / Lithgow will be required
Why Work For Thales?
At Thales, we’re committed to caring about the whole of you. Creating an environment of trust and empowerment where your contribution is valued, where your well-being counts and you can manage the right work-life balance for you. We believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. We’re always open to discussing your individual needs, just let us know what works for you.
That commitment extends through our generous benefits package: that’s why Thales were the first Engineering company in Australia to pay the superannuation guarantee on unpaid primary carer’s leave. Whether you want to work for 4 years and get paid to take the 5th year off, or you just need help finding a childcare place, you’ll have our support every step of the way.
Developing Your Career
We’re committed to giving you opportunities to be your best. We believe in embracing the passion and potential of our people, and to achieve this we offer market leading training, development and experiences, along with the opportunity to be mentored and coached by some of the smartest minds in the industry. We hire from within as our first priority, so you’ll have a myriad of opportunities within our diverse, global organisation.
About the role:
Thales Australia provides logistics services expertise to our customer, the Australian Defence Force. Thales will train and qualify you to work in each area of our logistics business including, storage, maintenance and distribution.
Lithgow small arms facility designs, develops and manufactures a range of small arms for the civilian and military market place .
You will primarily be responsible for providing specialist quality assurance support to the Explosive Ordnance logistics business as well as the opportunity to work on specialist projects within our integrated weapons and sensors business.
- Prepare TIMS Bid Quality Advice
- Estimate projects quality needs
- Undertake Audits & guide the team in tailoring of the process
- Contribute to the supplier risk identification
- Analyse and manage the Quality Assurance requirements
- Assure that work products are assessed before delivery
- Prepare TIMS Project Quality Advice
- Implement the quality management plan
- Manage Customer concerns, complaints and compliments
- Provide input to the Project reporting dashboard.
- Provide certificates of conformity of each deliverable
- Establish and maintain a project quality management plan
- Tailor QA activities based on risks and team maturity
Key Skills and Experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in an engineering or related field
- Demonstrated experience within a similar role
- Previous experience in working on bids and proposals would be advantageous
- Advanced communication skills with proven ability to negotiate with the business in quality related matters
- Experience within defence and/or manufacturing would be highly desirable
You must be able to obtain an Australian Security Clearance and access information covered by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
A police check and medical are required for this role.
Interested so far? Please click on the “Apply” button below.