Quality and Risk - Personal Independence Senior Consultant
We are looking for a highly motivated professional to work with our internal facing Personal Independence team. The role will be based in our Sydney office.
Independence Australia is an interactive, fast paced team, providing critical support to the Deloitte business to ensure the firm, partners and staff comply with auditor independence requirements. The role of Independence Australia is to ensure there is an effective independence quality control framework in place to assist partners and staff with the application of independence policy, maintain operational and compliance systems, and encourage and support consultation.
The successful candidate will join the personal independence team, helping Deloitte Australia comply with its independence obligations. The successful candidate will help foster a culture of compliance, and participate in many aspects of independence compliance activities. These include assisting with the reviews of personal independence compliance, as well as assisting with other operations and compliance activities and projects as required.
About the role:
The successful candidate will work with other team members in order to carry out their responsibilities, and will ultimately report to the Personal Independence Director and the Managers within the team.
* Assist in the performance of personal independence reviews, including reviewing the information provided by partners and managers, liaising with them regarding any queries and preparing reports on the results of the reviews. In addition, involvement in the analysis of results data for reporting purposes.
* Assist managers in the administration and management of the personal independence review process, including supervising more junior staff to ensure they meet their targets.
* Responding to queries from partners and managers on processes ensuring queries are answered within the required timeframe, and ensuring that consultations are filed promptly and appropriately.
* Assisting in various other operations and compliance activities and projects as they arise.
The role may also include:
* Involvement in other independence project work that may arise
The required skills include:
* Experience in a previous compliance role would be advantageous.
* Excellent verbal communication skills
* Strong sense of urgency/prioritization and know when to seek guidance
* Analytical mind, with an interest in working with operational systems
* Willing to get involved in the detail
* Attention to detail
* Able to receive instructions and to take the necessary steps in order to accomplish the objectives set
* Proficiency in standard computer software (i.e. Microsoft Word and Excel)
* Reliable and able to see a task through from start to finish
About us: Deloitte Culture
We pride ourselves on our team of diverse, high performing Deloitte Professionals who are talented, supportive, inclusive and social - and who are at the heart of our success. Our aim is to ensure that all our people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work, and as a result, create a workplace that encourages the true spirit of 'And different'.
From day one at our firm you'll be considered part of the Deloitte community and our development and career progression framework will help you develop the skills and capabilities you need to succeed - in every sense of the word.
Please send through an application or contact Enya Farrell from the Deloitte Talent Team for further information.