ABOUT THE ROLE:
Join our close knit team at Ursula Frayne Centre, a 16 bed Acute Inpatient Mental Health Unit that seeks to provide a collaborative, person centred and recovery oriented approach to Mental Health care in a safe environment
• Permanent Psychiatric Enrolled Nurse 2 positions, Full or Part-time hours are available
• Mercy Mental Health, based at Western Hospital, Footscray. We cover South West of metropolitan Melbourne, close to the city centre
• You will have clinical responsibility for patients, including thorough mental health assessment s
• Support, advocate and care for patients with a Mental Health illness as well as their families and carers
• Recovery approach to clients care and discharge planning
• Administer medications, spend 1:1 time with patients, complete nursing admissions / discharges
• Access to Mercy Health internal educational program
• Sound experience in an Acute Mental Health setting
• Current registration as an Enrolled Nurse with AHPRA, Medication Endorsed
• An ability to think and act in a person centred, recovery orientated manner
• Demonstrated ability to work closely within a multi- disciplinary team and organisational skills
• Enthusiasm and energy to deliver a good quality service to the patients through team development
• Post Graduate education in Mental Health
Mercy Mental Health supports people in south west metropolitan Melbourne with severe and complex mental illnesses by providing acute and community-based care. Services are available to adults through acute inpatient programs, residential rehabilitation programs and crisis and community recovery-focused treatment programs. We also offer inpatient and community specialist perinatal mental health services to women and infants in western Victoria.
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation employing over 7000 people who provide compassionate and holistic care through our acute hospitals, aged care facilities, mental health programs, palliative and respite services, maternity and women’s health services, early parenting services and home care services.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Values driven culture
• Salary packaging benefits
• Leadership Capability Framework to support your career progression and development
• Camp Australia School Holiday Program
• Thrive @ Mercy – our health & wellbeing hub supporting you to be the best you can be
• Stepping Stones – our flexibility framework supporting your growth and work life balance
• Fully funded childcare referral service
To find out more about these exciting initiatives, please visit Mercy Health Careers homepage (http://careers.mercy.com.au/)
At Mercy Health we embrace diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and valued. Mercy Health encourages Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples to apply.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Contact: Brodrick Chidavaenzi, Nurse Unit Manager, 9319 7000 or BChidavaenzi@mercy.com.au Enquiries welcome.
Quote Ref No: MMH72
|Job Type:||Flexible Working Arrangements|
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Mercy Health provides care services to people at every stage of their life. Join a workplace of passionate people who put care as its number one priority; for both clients & staff.
|Live Jobs: 58 - View all Jobs|
|Sector Specialisms: Healthcare & Medical|