Founded over a century ago, Colin Biggers & Paisley continues to realise our vision of being recognised as the leading provider of legal services in our chosen fields of expertise. Today our practice has over 460 staff, offices in Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney, and a track record of high engagement and collaborative leadership.
About the role:
Working closely with and supporting a dynamic and highly successful team, your key responsibilities will include assisting senior conveyancers with:
- File management for Conveyancing matters – sale and purchase files as well as sub division and large scale development matters
- Preparation and editing of contracts and relevant documentation and correspondence
- Conducting searches and enquires
- Exchange and settlement preparation (including settlement figure calculation)
- Following up with banks, financial institutions, and all stakeholders on all conveyancing matters
- Conducting billing
- Updating legal database records
- Ad hoc duties as required
The successful candidate:
You will be supported in this close knit team, given training, mentoring and guidance from your peers and leader. You will need to be self-motivated and adaptable in this dynamic environment. Ideal background and skills include:
- Prior experience as a junior Property Paralegal and/or Property Secretary would be highly regarded
- A passion for property conveyancing and property development
- Students with an interest in property, studying a Bachelor of Law who can work full time are also encouraged to apply
- Ability to identify and meet deadlines with the ability to adjust and manage flexible priorities
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects and assist multiple conveyancers
At Colin Biggers & Paisley, our workplace culture focuses on excellence without losing sight of work/life balance.
We established the Colin Biggers & Paisley Foundation which brings together our entire community offering, underpinned by a central strategy of promoting and protecting the rights of women and children in Australia and abroad through pro bono legal services, volunteering and charitable contributions.
We offer an environment where our values of Balance, Respect, Loyalty and Integrity guide all of our actions. We continually invest in our people, providing training, learning and support, a formal mentoring program and promoting a social and connected environment. We also offer other benefits such as social and sporting functions, rewards and recognition, casual Fridays, massages and professional memberships.
Inclusion and Diversity is a priority at Colin Biggers & Paisley. We welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, disability or ethnicity.