As part of the Fixed Wireless Expansion Program, you will be critical in ensuring end to end achievement and contribution to the overall goals of the Fixed Wireless Expansion Program.
You shall bring in strong support to both internal and external HSE teams to promote a safe work environment on all nbn Fixed Wireless activities and projects. Perform continuous risk management through identification, assessment, mitigation and assignment and perform proactive project performance management and problem solving
You will be key in managing & reviewing of all 3rd party quotations for Fixed Wireless upgrade projects, including civil works, equipment installation & integration, and crew mobilisation pricing. Additionally, your role shall provide ongoing support to external contractors for all build escalations, including cost management, variation claims, and all unforeseen issues that may arise during build activities.
You will be working closely with both external and internal Acceptance & Completions teams to close out any defects preventing RFS, and support the Fixed Wireless Engineering Design and Acquisition team to align delivery with the planned build program schedule.
Please note, this is a 24 months fixed term opportunity. Although your contract will have an end date, you will enjoy the full advantages of permanent employment.
A bit about your role
Your key accountabilities would include:
- Support lead capacity delivery project manager - Capacity delivery meets network requirements
- Management and reporting of project milestones against monthly RFS targets.
- Support delivery of fibre transit requirements - Transit delivered to support network capacity upgrades in line with network requirements
- Review of all external carrier incoming colocation build applications
A bit about you
- Sound understanding of mobile networks, including basics of acquisition and planning, wireless RF & Tx design methodologies, build and implementation processes and acceptance/completion systems
- Experience dealing with internal & external stakeholders, 3rd party contractors and working in a close team environment
- Ability to chair internal and external meetings, both online and face to face
- Strong knowledge & experience with all MS Office tools
- Experience working in a vendor and/or carrier environment
- Project Management/Project Scheduler certification
You should also be comfortable with change – nbn is a fast moving organization with a lot of change and new challenges every day. We think it’s great, but understand it’s not for everyone.
Life at nbn
At nbn you’ll be joining a team that believes there is strength in diversity and opportunity through inclusion. We’re building an inclusive and diverse workplace where different perspectives, thinking and skills are valued and people are supported to achieve their potential. We’re committed to our goal of increasing the presence of women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in the business and have a focus on increasing diversity amongst our leadership teams.
Continue the conversation
If you think this role might be for you, we want to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and sending in your resume only. We do not require a cover letter or any selection criteria to be addressed.
nbn is a fast moving organisation with lots to deliver - so we may not always wait until the job ad expires before reviewing applications. As a result, you should submit your application as soon as possible!
At nbn our people and our planet matter. We have an unwavering commitment to the wellbeing and safety of our employees so that everyone goes home safely each day and can perform at their peak to deliver the nbn network. nbn also aims to build a network that minimises energy use and can be operated with minimal impact on the environment.