• Rewarding career opportunity with fantastic benefits & development opportunities
• Permanent Full Time Role
• Located in Orange
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer to be a part of our Regional Maintenance team within Roads & Maritime Services. This position plays a key role in project and delivery process and reports to the unit manager.
The purpose of the role is developing and delivering road, bridge or traffic infrastructure and/or maintenance projects in order to achieve road safety, asset management and network efficiency objectives. This includes developing project briefs and cost estimates, procuring and overseeing service providers, and monitoring and reviewing ongoing work programs to make effective use of resources and deliver agreed objectives.
We are looking for a Project Engineer who has an enhanced level of customer focus and has experience in preparing contract documents for bridge and road works projects including technical specifications to engage, administer and deliver contract works and ensure efficient project delivery.
Roads and Maritime Services is one of Australia's leading public sector agencies, with more than 5,500 employees and an annual budget of $5.5 billion.
As part of Transport for NSW we are responsible for implementing strategic and essential frontline services to the people of NSW who use roads, harbours and waterways.
We improve the movement of people by various transport modes, including public transport (bus and ferry), cycling and walking, as well as motor vehicles. We also deliver initiatives to improve the movement of goods on the freight network, by improving accessibility and infrastructure, with a focus on reliability, productivity and safety initiatives.
We offer diverse and challenging career opportunities for professional and technical specialists, trades, and people interested in making a difference to transport operations and road safety in New South Wales.
When you join Roads and Maritime Services, you become part of a forward-thinking organisation that will offer you generous working conditions, flexible working options and a real commitment to developing your skills.
As the key agency in NSW for road safety, traffic management and planning, road building and maintenance, as well as improving maritime safety, we want our staff to reach their full potential.
RMS USS Engineer Level 1-2 ($87,459 - $115,947), plus employer's contribution to superannuation.
Our commitment to Diversity
TfNSW are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture across the Transport cluster, planning for and promoting diversity. We welcome and encourage applications from diverse community groups and ages including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, LGBTI, people with disabilities, women and other diversity groups. TfNSW recognises the benefits that such an approach brings for our staff and customers in delivering the future of NSW.
How to apply
Click on APPLY button. For further information, please visit our internet site Roads & Maritime or to view the position description and Applicant Information Pack please click on links provided.
For any enquiries, please contact Timothy Stone on 02 6393 5499 and quote 00005XXO
Please note: successful candidate will need to undertake background checks and criminal record checks.
Applications close: Closing 11:59pm Tuesday 27 March 2018
Key Application ResponsesWhen preparing your application - Your written application must stand on its merits. If you do not demonstrate how you meet the Selection Criteria (Skills/Experience) for the position you will not proceed through the selection process. The completeness and relevance of your application will determine whether or not you are called for an interview.
- A four year engineering degree from an Australian University or equivalent overseas qualifications.
- Knowledge of project and contract management principles and the ability to manage the delivery of road, bridge or traffic infrastructure or maintenance projects and contracts to achieve time, cost, quality, safety and environmental objectives.
- Knowledge of the technical aspects of materials, equipment and techniques used in road and bridge construction and maintenance.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare, tender, award and manage contracts including acting as RMS Representative on minor contracts.
- Ability to prepare competitive and accurate estimates, job programs, project delivery briefs and WH&S management plans, quality management plans, environmental management plans, and traffic management plans for assigned projects.
- Proven ability to effectively manage and motivate direct control resources within the bounds of relevant industrial awards and agreements.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills with an ability to deal tactfully and effectively with people, work flexibly in a team, collaborate with others and influence productive outcomes.
- Knowledge of computer based tools and techniques for project and information management.