About the role
Do you have mid-level experience in Scheduling, Project engineering, Contracts or Cost control?
A new opportunity has arisen for a Projects Control Co-ordinator to join our Sydney office. Reporting into the Cost Control and Estimating Manager, this role will see you set up project controls, educate the project team in the effective use of all selected project tools/ templates and produce accurate project reports. These reports will allow senior management to make decisions based on strong and timely data.
- Assist in the development of project schedules, Work Breakdown Structures and creation of effective Cost Breakdown Structures
- Set up and manage project cost control system (PRISM) to enable timely time forecasting, reporting and data capture
- Work with Procurement and Finance teams to create a common Cost Control Structure.
- Coordinate project schedulers to ensure timely progress updates
- Assist Project Managers to estimate accruals at the end of the reporting period
- Prepare and upload cost information and review progress reports
- Educate Project Team on use of Project Reports to drive improvements
- Prepare data for export to the PMO dashboard cost file
- Assist Project Managers to expedite accruals and commitments, process invoices and close out project
- Prepare and issue final cost reports.
- Assist PM to explain cost variances.
- Experience in cost planning control and reporting status of projects.
- Working knowledge of scheduling tools (Microsoft Project and Primavera P6, preferred)
- Must have corporate and site based experience
- Understanding of Risk Management
- Proficient in use of PRISM (preferred) and advanced Excel skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Sound understanding of contract management
- Understanding of EV, SPI and CPI concepts and applications
- Tertiary qualification in business, project management, engineering, or other similar disciplines;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to engage with various stake holders
What’s in it for you
You will be exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career, working in a company the size of ours the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link. For a confidential discussion, please call Jane Gaylor on 03 8633 6733 or email@example.com