- Opportunity to work with major global consultancy firm
- Flexible work options
- Permanent role, can be based in Brisbane or Sydney
What are we looking for?
Off the back of major project wins and growing pipeline of work in our Industry and Power team, we are looking for a Principal Engineer, to cover a broad range of aspects of HV power systems in either our Sydney or Brisbane team. Your role will include:
- Preparing and reviewing complex reports, proposals and presentations to clients in the following areas:
- HV power systems analysis – loadflow, fault levels, dynamic performance, transient analysis, harmonics assessments, induction studies, insulation coordination studies;
- HV transmission and distribution substations primary electrical design: layout design, specification of plant, coordination of civil design;
- HV transmission and distribution protection systems analysis and design: schematic design, IED specification / configuration, determination of protection settings, investigation of protection events;
- Earthing system analysis and design;
- Taking personal responsibility for the preparation of detailed engineering documentation, and leading the engineering effort for project including providing technical and performance oversight for members of the power systems team.
Who are we looking for?
You will have:
- 12+ years’ experience as a power systems engineer, with at least 5 years as an engineering leader with industry recognition of capability in the role;
- Tertiary qualification in electrical/power engineering, chartered engineering and RPEQ status; and
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills including a working knowledge of MS Office.
Highly regarded skills include:
- The ability to develop complex models in ETAP power systems software;
- The ability to develop complex earthing and induction models in CDEGS earthing system software;
- The ability to develop maintenance strategies and procedures, commissioning plans and documentation;
- Specifying or interfacing with control systems in an HV substations environment; and
- Modelling of connection of significant loads and generators into existing networks and advising on connection agreements.
Who are we?
Arcadis is the leading design & consultancy firm for natural and built assets with a passion to improve the quality of life and be recognised as the best. To achieve this, we collaborate with the 27,000 Arcadians in over 350 offices around the globe on world-changing projects.
With skilled and talented people on-board, we provide major companies and governments around the world with groundbreaking design, consultancy, engineering, business advisory, architecture, cost and commercial, and project management expertise.
Why work for us?
You will be a part of the Infrastructure Power and Industry team in NSW or QLD. Recent projects that the team have worked include Hornsby Junction Remodelling, Maules Creek Balloon Loops, Moorebank Intermodal Terminals, and Sydney AMS.
We are an award-winning company that offers all Arcadians flexible work arrangements, attractive salaries, global growth opportunities and both formal and informal career development training. As an equal opportunity employer, we value and promote diversity at Arcadis.
- 2016 National Safety Awards of Excellence – Finalist – 'Best Health & Wellbeing Program'
Visit our careers page for more information or to apply: www.arcadis.com/applynow