At Unitywater we operate in a flexible, inclusive and exciting environment where no two days are ever the same. We continually pursue efficiencies and innovation to meet challenging demands, and our customers are at the heart of everything we do. We are one of the largest employers in the region, offering our people continual investment in training, diverse career paths, health and wellness benefits, competitive remuneration and a hardworking and rewarding environment.
Located at our Maroochydore office, we have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Digital Engineer to join our Network Operations team. You will be Unitywater’s subject matter expert who establishes and controls the governance of all operational technology systems, provides technical support, and develops and maintains operational strategies, technical control systems and change strategies. This role is instrumental in delivering Unitywater’s strategic initiatives of transforming operational data into intelligent insights for smart water and waste water networks.
Your contribution to living Unitywater’s values of Reliability, Safety, Honesty & Integrity, Efficiency, One Team, Innovation, and the following attributes are your key qualities for success in this role:
- A Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering coupled with a relevant Master's degree, with experience in operational technology systems, OR
- A Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering coupled with extensive and specialized experience in managing operational technology systems;
- Knowledge and experience in all aspects of electrical, and instrumentation and control systems including PLC’s, VSD’s, telemetry, SCADA, plant control systems within a water utility;
- Demonstrated understanding of applicable Australian Standards, ITIL Framework, legislation and relevant regulatory obligations;
- Sound business acumen, with the ability to apply a business lens to technical areas and to translate technical terms into common business language.
Unitywater provides high quality, safe and reliable water and sewerage services to approximately 724,626 people and manages $3.2 billion worth of essential service infrastructure. We are proud of the awards we have won for our industry contributions and we will continue to produce the highest food-grade product for our customers.
We are looking for talented individuals to join our team and would love to hear from you! Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
For more information about Unitywater, this position and to access a full position description, visit www.unitywater.com
Vacancy reference: 2017-527
Applications close: Monday 25 September 2017
To be considered for this role you will need to demonstrate your eligibility and right to work in Australia.
Unitywater is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.