Our Mission Statement
PFE provide technical leadership for Premier customers around the world to help ensure their IT environments are kept optimized and healthy. The focus is to do this in a proactive and consultative manner to avoid future issues. This includes guidance on best practices, risk assessments, migrations, and onsite, remote and designated support services (DSE). As part of Services & Consulting, PFE partners with Commercial Technical Support and Enterprise Services to strengthen the Microsoft Services Field Engineering capability worldwide.
What we do best
PFEs provide various services to our Enterprise customers to increase systems availability, resolve issues with creative problem-solving capabilities, and ultimately improve the health of our customers’ environments. We consult with experienced technical staff to ensure they have the skills to troubleshoot and maintain their solution in line with Microsoft best practices. PFEs deliver onsite and designated services for Microsoft’s Premier customers.
We need individuals who:
Possess deep technical expertise in at least one technical specialty and can solve complex technical problems
•      Deep passion in the technology space and enjoys impacting our customers in their IT landscape
•      Possess deep technical expertise in at least one technical specialty and can solve complex technical problems through sound, creative troubleshooting. You will also need to be able to examine possible workarounds and escalations as required.
•      Set an example of excellence as the face of Microsoft, illustrating credibility and commitment to first class delivery
•      Demonstrate strong communication skills; ability to develop strategic on-going customer relationships, gain trust and provide clarity to stakeholders across all levels.
•      A great team player, having multiple opportunities to work together with diverse talented individuals across the organisation. Someone who actively value-adds to your peer groups with your knowledge and experience.
•      Deep passion for learning and growth. In Microsoft, we groom our people. Earn certifications as an MCSE/MCSA and much more. Microsoft will facilitate this opportunity through company provided resources.
•      Enjoys great exposure through travelling.   Overnight travel is expected for the role
•      Overnight travel is required, potentially up to 30%.
•      Australian citizenship is required for providing services to Australian government agencies and entities.
•      Security clearance would be beneficial but not essential.
The Core role requires depth knowledge in a number of the following technologies / areas:
•     Database administration (SQL Server 2016 and below)
•     BI and analytics tuning and administration
•     Performance Tuning and optimization
•     High Availability, Disaster Recovery and supporting architectures
•     Scalability features and supporting architectures
•     Strong troubleshooting skills and experience
The following areas may also be beneficial:
•     Reporting Services
•     Integration Services
•     Analysis Services
•     Cloud Services and Analytics
•     Background in Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse architectures.