- Excellent opportunity to play a key role in the future of Integrated Gas in this unique, data and optimisation focused leadership role
- Permanent role
- Location: Brisbane, QLD
- Application close date: 28th September 2017
ORIGIN - AUSTRALIA'S LEADING INTEGRATED ENERGY COMPANY
An integral part of Australia's energy future, we explore, produce, generate and sell energy to power millions of Australian homes and businesses every day, keeping them going and growing.
Origin is continuing to invest in gas and condensate exploration and production, as well as developing and operating a world-class CSG production business, through Australia Pacific LNG. A leading producer of CSG in Queensland, with growing reserves and new gas exploration interests around Australia, we are seeking the right candidate to become part of the team that's meeting growing demand for energy, and searching for tomorrow's energy solutions.
This is a unique opportunity for a Portfolio Optimisation Manager to join Origin's Commercial - Integrated Planning function based in Brisbane and forming part of our wider Integrated Gas (IG) business.
In conjunction with your team, you will be responsible for managing the data inputs from across the business and running the tools that optimise the long term hydrocarbon plan for IG. The integrated plan is the single source of truth for all major hydrocarbon related decisions that IG will make in the future and will become critical for how the IG Leadership Team (IGLT) operate day to day and in setting the long term future of IG.
The monthly process for updating the long term plan will be critical in how IG, APLNG, and Shareholder track performance against long term forecast and decide if mitigation plans are required or if upside value optimisation scenarios exist.
Reporting to the Group Manager, Integrated Planning, your key accountabilities will include:
- Basic data:
- Collection; quality assurance; sign-off; change analysis; governance
- Integrated Plan:
- Owning and maintaining the Integrated Gas integrated planning model
- Identification and execution of continuous improvements to the system
- Development and maintenance of the business processes and procedures that the team will use day to day
- Competence development of the team for the proficient operation of the tools
- Updating the integrated plan on a monthly basis, to allow analysis of current performance and identification for mitigating actions on downside outcomes or value optimisation on high side outcomes
- Screening and evaluating proposed investments, gas sales agreements, mergers & acquisitions, divestments in relation to the current portfolio
- Understanding and incorporating risk and uncertainty into the integrated plan model
- Optimising the Integrated Gas asset portfolio to meet capital constraints, production targets and risk appetite
- Performing scenario analysis using the planning tools to provide options to Upstream Operator and APLNG
- Testing of constraints to value and rank opportunities in the portfolio
To succeed in this role you will bring an excellent understanding of the functions of portfolio planning and budgeting in an organisation. You will have the ability to apply sound commercial principles, as well as evaluate situations involving incomplete and/or conflicting information, reach sound conclusions, make decisions and act accordingly.
You will also demonstrate:
- Extensive experience in using linear programs for optimisation and testing of constraints
- The ability to translate between strategic planning, portfolio planning and operational planning
- Extensive experience in setting multi-year business plans and stochastic modelling
- Proficiency and experience in coaching and managing team performance
- Experience with the development of business processes and supporting documentation
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
MAKE AN IMPACT ON AUSTRALIA'S ENERGY FUTURE
If dynamic and challenging career opportunities and workplace flexibility are important to you, go with the employer that thinks differently.
For more information, please contact Dean Stephens on 07 3028 5522.
Job Requisition: 55024