At Essential Energy, we operate 95 percent of the electricity distribution network in regional NSW, supplying electricity to more than 800,000 homes and businesses. We are a customer focused organisation passionate about safety and delivering satisfactory outcomes to our shareholders.
With employees based in depots and offices across three regions, Essential Energy is one of the largest employers in regional NSW and prides itself on recruiting exceptional people who are motivated and passionate about their chosen career.
We have an opportunity for a Portfolio Optimisation and Governance Manager.
You will be responsible for the development and implementation of a 'best practice' Governance and Reporting Framework and Risk and Issues Management Framework to help drive improvements in reporting on Essential Energy's project and program delivery. The role will take ownership of the portfolio optimisation process and pre-optimisation quality assurance, working closely with system users to ensure consistency and accuracy of data inputs to Essential Energy’s Asset Investment Planning System. The role will be key in ensuring understanding between resource demand (driven by asset investment needs) and resource availability, by developing a close relationship with both asset planning and works delivery.
We are looking for individuals with the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrated experience in asset portfolio management with significant weighting of experience in the electricity distribution industry including program/project delivery, governance, risk management, commercial and regulatory aspects
- Strong senior leadership experience with demonstrated experience in leading effective asset management teams including direction setting and change management
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing significant program of works of network assets to achieve business sustainability, optimise strategic outcomes, whilst balancing costs, performance outcomes and meeting regulatory and legislative requirements
- Excellent knowledge of legislative and regulatory requirements eg WHS, IPART, AER, Electricity Act, etc
- Working knowledge of asset management practices and standards including ISO55001 • Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing process improvement initiatives, including automation of complex processes
- Capability in asset management including data gathering, cost benefit and needs analysis, and commercial options development to manage best practice end to end asset management and portfolio management governance
- Strong understanding of commercial considerations and risk management principles including consequence, likelihood and residual risk
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to prepare executive and external documentation, reports, briefings, and socialise recommendations for business implementation
- Professional interpersonal and influencing skills with a proven ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders to build collaborative working relationships across all levels of the business and externally
- Excellent skills in computer operations and business system software to gather and prepare reports
- Bachelor degree in Commerce, Business Management, or related discipline or demonstrated capability through past employment experience and/or relevant qualifications.
For more information on the role, please review the attached Position Description and contact Adam Causley on (02) 6588 6154
Applications will close at 11:55pm (AEDT), Sunday 18 October 2017.