About the Role
At AGL, we’re always one step ahead to bring the future closer. That’s why we’re creating and embracing new technology for a greener Australia. We are wanting to create products that will change how you think about and use energy. Be part of the New Energy group who are creating a whole range of cutting-edge technological advancements that threaten to disrupt the energy sector.
With that in mind, AGL are now looking for an influential and pragmatic PMO Manager to implement PMO governance and framework, but more importantly have programme oversight over new product development initiatives. This is your chance to create an environment that can transform innovation ideas into reality.
- Leading the implementation of PMO governance and frameworks within New Energy Group
- Helping projects ‘set up for success’ by determining delivery approaches, identifying capability gaps, and establishing measures of success
- Assessing project readiness and get project status updates as required
- Providing and communicating oversight across projects including planning estimates and reporting to executive stakeholders
- Identifying delivery risks and contributing to the prioritisation of project initiatives
- Providing a pragmatic approach and guidance to teams on the use of PMO processes, templates and tools
We are looking for a leader who is interested in pioneering new ways to provide clean energy and influencing large scale projects. You will also have;
- Experience managing program or portfolio management offices for large-scale organisations
- Background working with Agile teams on IT development projects and contributing to work planning and management
- Ability to translate strategy into action
- Thrive in a fast paced and constantly evolving project environment
What’s in it for you?
This is an opportunity to join a company that is putting into action a plan for a more renewable future and bring together well-resourced projects for New Energy.
You’ll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities. Being supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working.
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. Being exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career.
Working in a company the size of ours the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link. For a confidential discussion, please call (Edith Chan and 03 8633 6575).
Advertised: 07 Sep 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 21 Sep 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time