- Play a pivotal role in the decision making of the Integrated Gas business in this fantastic leadership opportunity
- Permanent role
- Location: Brisbane, QLD
- Application close date: 28th September 2017
ORIGIN - AUSTRALIA'S LEADING INTEGRATED ENERGY COMPANY
An integral part of Australia's energy future, we explore, produce, generate and sell energy to power millions of Australian homes and businesses every day, keeping them going and growing.
Origin is continuing to invest in gas and condensate exploration and production, as well as developing and operating a world-class CSG production business, through Australia Pacific LNG. A leading producer of CSG in Queensland, with growing reserves and new gas exploration interests around Australia, we are seeking the right candidate to become part of the team that's meeting growing demand for energy, and searching for tomorrow's energy solutions.
This is a unique opportunity for a Planning & Process Manager to join Origin's Commercial - Integrated Planning function based in Brisbane and forming part of our wider Integrated Gas (IG) business.
In conjunction with your team, you will be responsible for taking the integrated plan output from the Portfolio Optimisation team and using the data to assist all significant hydrocarbon related business decisions in the future. Your team will feed the processed output of the long term integrated plan into other critical business processes, such as but not limited to; capital management, budgeting, impairment, and carbon pricing.
You will be the process owner for the majority of the IG business processes that heavily rely on the optimised integrated plan. As such, you will be accountable for coordinating the critical business processes in IG through which all significant hydrocarbon related decisions are evaluated and made by the IG Leadership Team.
This is an important role in which you will play a key part in the decision making of the IG business as well as engaging externally with the APLNG board and senior shareholder representatives.
Reporting to the Group Manager, Integrated Planning, your key accountabilities will include:
- Guiding and integrating senior management thinking on the overall integrated plan
- Manage the external communication of the integrated plan from Integrated Planning to the remainder of IG, Origin Corporate, and APLNG
- Leading the analysis of key impacts the integrated plan has on specific areas of the business
- Understanding and incorporating risk and uncertainty into the analysis of the integrated plan
- Managing all of the business processes, timelines, reporting, and analysis of the key planning processes within IG (i.e. owning the Integrated Gas opportunity management process, owning the Integrated Gas investment management process, etc.)
- Development and maintenance of the business processes and procedures that the team will use day to day
- Competence development of the team for proficient analysis of the data and execution of the business processes
- Defining scenarios for analysis by the Planning Optimisation team to provide options to Upstream Operator and APLNG
To succeed in this role you will bring an excellent understanding of the functions of portfolio planning and budgeting in an organisation. You will have the ability to apply sound commercial principles, as well as evaluate situations involving incomplete and/or conflicting information, reach sound conclusions, make decisions and act accordingly.
You will also demonstrate:
- Experience and ability in coaching and managing team performance
- Extensive experience in the creation and management of all aspects associated with business processes
- The ability to translate complex issues to audiences at different levels
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills, with a proven ability to influence senior management
- Competence in economic and financial processes, spreadsheets and databases as well as a knowledge of stochastic modelling
- Advanced influencing and negotiating skills and experience in setting multi-year business plans
We embrace the diversity of our people and flexible working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we serve.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
MAKE AN IMPACT ON AUSTRALIA'S ENERGY FUTURE
If dynamic and challenging career opportunities and workplace flexibility are important to you, go with the employer that thinks differently.
For more information, please contact Dean Stephens on 07 3028 5522.
Job Requisition: 55023