Job no: 497917
Work type: Full time, Full Time - Flexible
Location: Multiple Locations
Categories: People and Culture, Technical and Operations, NSW - George Street, VIC - Melbourne CBD
- Newly established role to make your own
- Opportunity to shape and drive our hygiene management program
- Flexibility of location – Sydney or Melbourne
About the role
Reporting to the Manager – Health and Injury Management, this role will see you responsible for ensuring potential health hazards at AGL are identified, evaluated, and controlled by effectively communicating, implementing, and managing hygiene programs aimed at achieving desired business and regulatory outcomes.
Newly created, this role is an outstanding opportunity to shape our national hygiene management program. Working closely with site and corporate stakeholders you will create frameworks for the successful delivery and continuous improvement of our Hygiene program across all of our operational and corporate sites Australia wide.
- Design, implement and govern an organizational hygiene monitoring program to identify potential hazards in the workplace which may impact the health or wellbeing of the workforce. This includes exposure monitoring, accurate and timely reporting and recommending health monitoring, as required, for potential hazards such as dusts noise, asbestos, chemicals, metals, heat stress, and emerging hazards, using a risk based approach
- Developing, recommending, and implementing timely occupational hygiene management strategies for eliminating or controlling hazards
- Researching and developing additional hygiene capabilities in line with industry best practice
- Identify opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness occupational hygiene across the business including the design of tests to evaluate the operation of controls in place
- Developing and broadcasting relevant occupational hygiene, procedures, work instructions forming part of the HSE management system
- Ensuring that AGL meets its legal/regulatory obligations in respect of occupational hygiene and that management and the workforce are aware of these requirements
- Working alongside external services providers, including hygiene consultants, equipment suppliers, and ensure effective care and maintenance of hygiene equipment
Essential to your success in this role will be your outstanding communication skills and the ability to work with ambiguity, developing our frameworks as you develop the management program. Setting you up for success will be your:
- Tertiary qualification in applied science
- Strong operational experience as an occupational hygienist in a heavy industrial, site environment
- Experience working in an ambiguous environment without existing processes in place, ideally having been involved in the set up a hygiene management program
- Excellent stakeholder and communication skills, able to develop working relationship with people at all levels
- Strong knowledge of legislative requirements.
- Excellent PC skills and experience using a relevant hygiene management system
- Drive for success and ability to work autonomously and prioritise in an ever-changing environment
- Availability for frequent travel
What’s in it for you
You’ll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities. Being supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe, and supportive work environment, which fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link. For a confidential discussion, please call Jane Gaylor on 03 8633 6733 or email@example.com .
Advertised: 06 Sep 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 20 Sep 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time