At Essential Energy, we operate 95 percent of the electricity distribution network in regional NSW, supplying electricity to more than 800,000 homes and businesses. We are a customer focused organisation passionate about safety and delivering satisfactory outcomes to our shareholders.
With employees based in depots and offices across three regions, Essential Energy is one of the largest employers in regional NSW and prides itself on recruiting exceptional people who are motivated and passionate about their chosen career.
We are currently recruiting for a Network Compliance & Risk Manager.
You will be responsible for providing strategic direction and leadership for the development of strategies that will enable the business to manage risks to Essential Energy’s network assets efficiently and effectively. The Network Compliance and Risk Manager will liaise with a broad cross section of stakeholders both internal and external to create a risk centre of excellence for the business. The Manager will enable the many risk managers within the business through the development of an evidence based quantified risk approach for asset management
We are looking for individuals with the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrated experience in asset management with significant weighting of experience in the electricity distribution industry including strategic risk management and compliance of network assets, commercial and regulatory aspects
- Strong leadership experience with demonstrated experience in leading effective asset management teams including direction setting and effective change management
- Demonstrated experience in developing strategic plans and programs with a strong understanding of commercial considerations and risk management principles including value based decision making, consequence, likelihood and residual risk
- Working knowledge of asset management practices and standards including ISO55001
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing process improvement initiatives, including automation of complex processes
- Excellent knowledge of legislative and regulatory requirements eg WHS, IPART, AER, Electricity Act, etc
- Demonstrated capability in quantifiable risk and value based decision making to enable cost benefit analysis for asset related decisions
- Data analysis and researching skills to collate senior management reports for direction setting and strategic industry and commercial insights
- Professional interpersonal and influencing skills with a proven ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders to build collaborative working relationships across all levels of the business, industry partners, and with regulatory bodies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to prepare executive and external documentation, strategic plans, reports, briefings, and socialise recommendations for business implementation
- Excellent skills in computer operations and business system software to gather and prepare reports.
Qualifications Required for the Role
- Bachelor’s degree of Engineering (Electrical), Business Management, Finance or Economics or demonstrated capability through past employment experience and/or relevant qualifications
For more information on the role, please review the attached Position Description and contact Adam Causley on (02) 6588 6154.
Applications for this role will close at 11:55pm (AEDT) on Sunday 18 October 2017.