nbn seeks to create an inclusive and diverse workplace that is reflective of the wider communities in which it operates and balancing opportunity for all. We are building a culture where different perspectives, thinking and skills are valued, and people are supported to achieve their potential. In particular, nbn is committed to increasing the participation of women in our organisation and especially women in leadership positions.
Your role in the future:
Your new role will be part of the Transformation team within the System Engineering and Operations (SEO) group at nbn. You and your team will be accountable for leading a large scale organisational change program to improve the performance of the SEO Design and Delivery function(s), and the associated supporting teams and processes. The transformation is largely targeted at achieving a Scaled Agile delivery model and the adoption of DevOps practices across both IT and Network technologies - this is to allow for fast flow features into production, while maintaining world class stability in our systems.
In your role, you will drive the roll out of the DevOps framework across all delivery teams and manage any corresponding impact to Operations within SEO.
You can contribute to:
- Vision Setting; With many variations of DevOps implementations around the world, setting a clear purpose and direction that defines what DevOps means for nbn
- Stakeholder Management; Identification of key individuals or groups affected by and capable of influencing the program to ensure a successful outcome
- Development and maintenance of an implementation plans that has buy-in from all enabler groups
- Development of a change plan to ensure impacted resources are appropriately supported through the change
- Establishment of COE; When the timing is right, developing plans and building a team to provide the required ongoing support to the DevOps teams
- Ongoing industry engagement
A bit about us:
nbn is the team behind the design, build and operation of the nbn™ network. Working for nbn, you'll be part of one of the largest technology infrastructure projects Australia has seen, providing you with loads of opportunities, great flexibility, and a collaborative culture. You'll work with inspirational leaders and innovators in their field, help take on engaging and exciting work, and seek imaginative solutions to new questions every day.
We are dedicated to providing all Australians with access to the benefits of fast broadband. But the nbn™ network is so much more than access to fast internet. A state of the art communications network helps ensure our digital future, and gives Australians the opportunity to be more productive, more creative, more efficient, and more connected - benefits we can all enjoy for decades to come, no matter where we live.
A bit about you:
To be successful in this role, it is important that you have; a Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science, Systems or Engineering; extensive experience in the Information Technology industry; as well as experience in vision settings and strategy documentation. Ideally you will also have experience working in a DevOps environment and will have knowledge of what DevOps means to network technologies. In addition, the following skills will help you to further succeed in this role:
- Continuous delivery and continuous integration
- GIT (GitHub) - source management
- Jira - issue tracking
- SonarCube - code health
- Splunk - machine generated big data analysis
- Rational suite, focal point, RQM
- Software defined infrastructure and cloud technologies, AWS & Azure
How to apply:
If you think this role might be for you, we want to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and sending in your resume only. We do not require a cover letter or any selection criteria to be addressed.
nbn is a fast moving organisation with lots to deliver - so we may not always wait until the job ad expires before reviewing applications. As a result, you should submit your application as soon as possible!
At nbn our people and our planet matter. We have an unwavering commitment to the wellbeing and safety of our employees so that everyone goes home safely each day and can perform at their peak to deliver the nbn™ network.