ABOUT THE ROLE:
Mercy Hospital for Women in Heidelberg is looking for enthusiastic and motivated Midwives for our expanded Maternity Group Practice (MGP). This is your opportunity to join a team of four experienced Midwives, where you will experience the spectrum of midwifery care from antenatal, labour, birth and postnatal and will see patients in both the hospital and home environments. This model of care focuses on, but is not exclusive to, providing maternity care for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women and their families. This caseload model enables women to be cared for and supported by a group of known midwives with the support of Indigenous Health Workers and the multidisciplinary team.
• Permanent positions available
• 0.5 - 1 EFT, Part Time and Full Time negotiable
• MGP is a caseload model of care where you will care for women across the maternity care continuum which will include periods of oncall as part of your roster
• Assessing individual women’s needs, you will plan, implement and coordinate appropriate service delivery to ensure optimum health outcomes for the women and their families
Mercy Hospital for Women is a fully accredited Level 3 Specialist Teaching Hospital providing both public and private patient care through maternity services, neonatology and paediatrics, perioperative services, gynaecology, women’s health and associated health, support and diagnostic services. We are a major teaching hospital and specialist referral centre with the medical, nursing, midwifery and allied health expertise to treat the most complex obstetric, neonatal and gynaecological cases.
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation employing over 7500 people who provide compassionate and holistic care through our acute hospitals, aged care facilities, mental health programs, palliative and respite services, maternity and women’s health services, early parenting services and home care services.
• AHPRA registration as a Midwife
• Recent experience and demonstrated commitment to providing evidence based care across the spectrum
• Willingness to adopt the multidisciplinary approach to culturally competent care
• Demonstrated ability to provide quality clinical care. Including the ability to, or working towards:
- IV cannulation
- Discharge examination of the newborn
- Perineal repair
- Advanced Antenatal assessment
- Level 3 RANZCOG fetal surveillance practitioner
The following additional experience would be highly desirable but not essential
• Working in a continuity of care model
• Experience providing care for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women and their families
• An understanding of the health and social needs of Indigenous women and their families
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Values driven culture
• Salary packaging benefits
• Leadership Capability Framework to support your career progression and development
• Camp Australia School Holiday Program
• Thrive @ Mercy – our health & wellbeing hub supporting you to be the best you can be
• Stepping Stones – our flexibility framework supporting your growth and work life balance
• Fully funded childcare referral service
To find out more about these exciting initiatives, please visit Mercy Health Careers homepage (http://careers.mercy.com.au/)
At Mercy Health we pride ourselves on embracing diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and celebrated. We encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Enquiries to:Deb Pidd Outpatient Unit Manager, (03) 8458 4203 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Quote Ref No: MHW 165
|Job Type:||Flexible Working Arrangements|
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Mercy Health provides care services to people at every stage of their life. Join a workplace of passionate people who put care as its number one priority; for both clients & staff.
|Live Jobs: 58 - View all Jobs|
|Sector Specialisms: Healthcare & Medical|