What Joining the Microsoft Team Means
"Educators are the ultimate source of empowerment ... Technology can help … but think about what the inspired teacher can do. Really, someone who is active in teaching is the ultimate form of empowerment … in making a difference to the world.".
- Satya Nadella, CEO Microsoft
Microsoft was founded on the principle that people can do remarkable things when technology is within reach.   Core to our mission is creating immersive and inclusive experiences that inspire lifelong learning, stimulating development of essential life skills – communication, collaboration, critical thinking, creativity, character, citizenship and computational thinking – and supporting educators in guiding and nurturing student passions.   We will empower students and educators to create and share in entirely new ways, to teach and learn through exploration, to adapt to individual learning needs, so they can make, design, invent and build with technology that stays out of the way.   At Microsoft, we believe technology has the power to support learning transformation and be the trusted partner to help governments and nations around the world to build a future ready workforce needed to fuel economies and entrepreneurship.
Join us in our mission of empowering the students of today to create the world of tomorrow.
The Security Product Marketing Manager owns, shapes and drives the Security solutions revenue, scorecard and market share for their products in Australia. The Security Marketing Manager is required to have a strong understanding of their product set and a deep understanding of customer solutions and strategies.
This role is the voice of the security products within the subsidiary as well as the leader and the spokesperson for their product set. In addition, they must be able to articulate the local competitive landscape and develop local compete strategies and product differentiation by leveraging corporate and local research, partner insights and customer feedback. The Security Marketing Manager is responsible for leveraging customer needs, competitive knowledge and product expertise to drive the relevant business and marketing planning.
The Security Marketing Manager understands, orchestrates, and influences customer campaigns, marketing activities, and delivers product, solutions and customer campaign feedback to the business. An essential aspect of the Security Product Marketing Manager is to align the content, timing and delivery of marketing messages and outreach to Microsoft’s customers and partners. The Security Marketing Manager must develop strong partnerships across marketing, partner, services and sales to lead and execute the fiscal year priorities. All relevant marketing teams need to work together to create the most impactful marketing strategy and execution plan possible by customer segment, minimizing ad-hoc and unintegrated customer and partner outreach.
•      Plan and execute activity that promotes Microsoft 365 Security products and feature releases; lead product launch activities/releases
•      Maintain product knowledge and evangelize the product internally and externally to Press, enthusiasts, influencers and pre-sales customer scenarios
•      Provide product related content like customer benefits, competitive differentiators, and value of the product roadmap to all subsidiary marketing activities, including those owned by Segment marketing, Audience marketing, and other BGs
•      Adjust and provide differentiated value proposition and compelling, localized product-related content, product Bill of Materials (BOM) (To-Customer and To/thru-Partner)
•      Contribute to Partner readiness, activation and product evangelism delivery/business development
•      Create marketing & business plan, including campaign/program business plan and campaign investment decisions for BG-owned campaigns and activities
•      Act as the voice of the field by ensuring timely updates/feedback to Corporate on product marketing and campaign execution in subsidiary.
•      Work closely with segments to develop customer evidence
•      Be the growth ambassador to influence Microsoft 365 Security Awareness/Perception.
•      Orchestrating execution to deliver on business metrics related to the Rhythm of the Business (ROB) and orchestrate Correction of Errors plans with the segments
•      Develop local business management strategy - partner with segment to interpret market opportunity and risk and build appropriate GTM/CoE Plan
•      Determine key insights and asks to accelerate adoption of Microsoft 365 Security products, qualify inhibitors (with recommendations) to escalate to subsidiary LT and Corp.
•      Actively engage across Segments and across the Subsidiary in the One Microsoft orchestration (rationalized audience touches, coordinated offers, integrated marketing calendar, etc.)
•      Track and report marketing performance/KPIs through standardized marketing tools.
•      Participate in preparation for Quarterly Business Connection meetings as appropriate
•      Own the local product marketing strategy for your relevant Microsoft 365 Security Scenarios.
•      Orchestrate the creation of marketing plans and campaign investment decisions. Lead targeting for product marketing-owned campaigns and activities, partner with segment/channel teams to prioritize investment decisions for non-product-marketing owned activities.
•      Develop competitive tactics to drive target market share gains
•      Conduct marketplace environmental and competitive analyses from competitive intelligence and Sales Excellence input from Competitive Discovery.
•      Determine a common set of KPIs for marketing activities in collaboration with other teams involved (e.g. segment marketing, audience marketing, other BGs)
•      Conduct reviews across Microsoft 365 Security business pillars to support BG lead in Microsoft 365 value proposition.
•      Identify strategic market maker partners
Experience: 10+ years related experience
Skills & Knowledge:
•      Evangelist and subject matter expert in Security product offerings and solutions
•      Experienced in core marketing communications functions
•      Deep customer focus and understanding
•      Strong analytical skills
•      Excellent communicator
•      Education: Bachelor’s Degree (B.S./B.A.) required, MBA a plus, relevant fields of study include Marketing, Business
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.