- Manage energy settlements with market counterparts
- Logical and lateral thinking approach
- 12 Months Limited Term Opportunity
- Location: Melbourne, VIC
- Application close date: 26th September 2017
ORIGIN - AUSTRALIA'S LEADING INTEGRATED ENERGY COMPANY
An integral part of Australia's energy future, we explore, produce, generate and sell energy to power millions of Australian homes and businesses every day, keeping them going and growing.
Origin is the largest energy retailer in Australia, and with 4.3 million customers we're constantly evolving and changing to better suit their needs. Our activities include power generation, energy trading, the sale of LPG, electricity, natural gas and solar as well as the development of new and emerging technologies. Consider your possibilities with Australia's leading integrated energy company.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Market Settlements Analyst to join our Market Settlements team, Wholesale Market Operations, Wholesale Risk & Business Services in Melbourne.
The Market Settlements team manages energy settlements with market counterparts. It is responsible for validating the wholesale purchase of LPG, natural gas, electricity and ensures correct end to end reconciliation in line with company objectives and contractual obligations.
Reporting to the Team Manager - Market Settlements, this position will see you managing the timely settlement and accurate reconciliation of wholesale and bilateral energy contracts, with a focus on LPG.
Other responsibilities include:
- Analysis and interpretation of reconciliation data and the provision of information, findings and presentation of resolutions to stakeholders and management
- Performing analysis to determine the cause of data and exception issues through the application of systems knowledge and market rules
- Recommending and implementing the appropriate process and/or system enhancement to resolve issues
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure data are provided and issues are resolved effectively
To be successful in this role you will have a tertiary qualification in business or other related discipline. You will also have:
- A strong background in data analysis and business acumen
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- The ability to meet strict settlements and reporting deadlines
- The capability to identify errors and work towards resolutions in a timely fashion
- Highly developed PC skills and ability to relate effectively horizontally and vertically
- Ability to write and use SQL would be advantageous
We embrace the diversity of our people and flexible working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we serve.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
MAKE AN IMPACT ON AUSTRALIA'S ENERGY FUTURE
If dynamic and challenging career opportunities and workplace flexibility are important to you, go with the employer that thinks differently.
For more information, please contact Iain Pratt on (03) 8665 7325.
Job Requisition: 54982