The Securitisation and Funding team of the Corporate and Asset Finance group manages the funding and market risk for a global $20 billion asset finance portfolio including the SMART ABS program. The team has recently expanded its responsibilities and requires a new role to lead improvements and assist developing the capabilities of the team. The role will be focused on developing modelling and analytics capabilities for the team and assisting with a range of projects and transactions and would suit an experienced treasury analyst wishing to take the next step in their career with client side responsibilities.
Key responsibilities include
- Develop actionable insights and clear analysis of the funding portfolio cost of funds and exposures
- Improve existing business processes for data gathering, analysis, and reporting across the market risk, funding, and securitisation functions
- Some oversight of market risk activities (IRRBB and FX) booking trades and ensuring risk exposures are appropriate and within limits. Provide oversight for junior executives to produce regular reporting on positions
- Lead ad hoc projects and analysis e.g. establish new funding facilities, investigate issues, assisting initiatives to implement the global funding strategy
- Minimum 5+ years experience ideally in Treasury or finance roles
- Undergraduate degree in finance, accounting or quantitative discipline
- The ability to critically, logically analyse information
- Demonstrated capacity to take ownership of own tasks, delivering outcomes to deadlines with relatively little supervision, and taking responsibility for building the capability and flexibility of self and colleagues
- Sound understanding of financial markets
- Experience using database tools, programming languages, and/or data analytics/visualisation
For a confidential discussion, please contact Renee Read 02 8232 3900.
Corporate and Asset Finance Group provides innovative and traditional capital, finance and related services to clients operating in selected international markets. With offices in Australia, New Zealand, Asia, North America and Europe, Corporate and Asset Finance specialises in:
- leasing and asset finance
- tailored debt and finance solutions
- asset remarketing, sourcing and trading.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.