At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
BHP’s new Maintenance Centre of Excellence (MCoE) is the coming together of a dedicated, innovative team focused on identifying, achieving and maintaining the highest standards in maintenance for BHP globally.
The Planning & Asset Health Department has an opportunity within the Coal Operations Planning team for a Manager Planning, Scheduling and Asset Health (PS&AH). This is a key role managing the delivery of weekly maintenance plans for assets across the Coal portfolio including Mobile, Fixed and Infrastructure. Reporting to the Head of MCoE PS&AH, the purpose of this role is to ensure delivery of plans through an integrated, systemized and structured asset health and condition monitoring approach to planning decisions to achieve optimized cost of ownership and benchmark equipment performance.
Being part of a global function, the fundamental outcome is to ensure the development, delivery and continuous improvement of the routine maintenance schedule to the operations through integrated standardised planning and scheduling processes which integrate with supply chain requirements.
In this role you will:
- Engage with Maintenance and Operations personnel to develop standardized processes and build a vision and a culture of professional expertise within the business;
- Be Responsible for overseeing the future transition and delivery of planning services for Coal Assets to the MCoE through engagement with senior leaders and operations stakeholders;
- Oversee the delivery of a weekly maintenance plan to the Coal Operations;
- Lead a team of professionals driving the standardisation of planned work packages so that the execution teams deliver the plan in a standard way across operations;
- Utilise your ability to “think big” and with the integration of the assets in mind, to drive a strategic focus on standardisation and leverage of scale within the 2-5yr planning process Ensure the structured delivery of weekly planning services to operations ensuring execution teams are provided with optimised 12 weeks schedules supported by fully resourced and detailed work packages, and;
- Develop and foster a high performing team, supporting them in their engagement with sites and the rest of MCoE functions
- You are and experienced leader and have proven track record in creating high performing teams who have delivered strong results;
- You are willing to challenge the status quo and bring a mind-set of working collaboratively with stakeholders at all levels;
- Ideally you have worked in a maintenance environment and have a passion for continuous improvement, and;
- You have experienced working with an integrated Supply Chain Schedule.
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options; a generous paid parental leave policy; other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
We support flexible work at BHP. Talk to us about the flexible working options in this team